Drag Coefficient from Flight Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCB

Reaction score
Hi,
I am working on a senior project and would like some flight data in order to blackout a drag coefficient.
I have seen some Altus Metrum telemetry data (.eeprom would be better as I understand). The problem is that I am unable to find definitions for the categories that are given and my efforts to contact the company about this have not been answered. If data is available it would be much appreciated.
I am looking for:
The motor used. I can can get the thrust curve.
The max diameter of the rocket body.
Data to include a specified velocity and acceleration and height (rocket C.S) vs time. If inertial C.S. (earth) is available that would be fine as long as I can get the pitch at each time step.
I am new to the forum and I am excited about the resource. Thanks

Attached is a RASAero design file and flight data from the Tripoli L-impulse commercial motor record flight. You can open the flight data file by doing a free download of the Featherweight Interface Program, here:

https://www.featherweightaltimeters.com/interface-program.html

You can control-click to select multiple data parameters and then right-click to copy the data for pasting into Excel. You can also drag within an axis in the FIP plots to zoom, or right-click to set specific ranges.

RASAero has the highest-accuracy predictions for high-performance flights, so it's a good resource to download (also free) in addition to using it to get the dimensions you're looking for for rocket that goes with the attached flight data.

The flight data is zipped because for some reason this forum doesn't allow direct uploads with the Featherweight Interface Program data file extension (.FIPa). I should ask the website folks to add it to the allowed list.

Attachments

• 3 inch L.rkt
    52.4 KB · Views: 11
  • L3L Oct9 2011.zip
    195.8 KB · Views: 15
Back