Dr. Zooch's line of Saturns available for pre-order!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar_rocketry

Reaction score
I have secured a limited supply of Dr. Zooch's line of Saturns for pre-order. Yes, these are the kits that were selling like hotcakes at NARAM. They are first come, first serve on this initial run, so head on over to the site and check 'em out. They simply cannot be beat for the amount of detail for their price.

Originally posted by rebar_rocketry
I have secured a limited supply of Dr. Zooch's line of Saturns for pre-order. Yes, these are the kits that were selling like hotcakes at NARAM. They are first come, first serve on this initial run, so head on over to the site and check 'em out. They simply cannot be beat for the amount of detail for their price.

Got one!! Can't wait!

:D

I appreciate the sales. They're going fast, but ya'll got in on it:) I'll keep you posted here on the expected ship date and I'll be telling everyone who is not a member of this forum to check here for updates, so maybe we'll get a few new members out of it.
As of this moment, I talked to "Dr. Zooch" not long ago and he is waiting on a few balsa parts to arrive from BMS and they'll be ready to ship. Everything is ready to go but those parts and he is going to call them today to try to get a firm arrival date. I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
just out of curiosity, who is DR. Zooch ?

I have no idea, but I just ordered one of his Sat 1B's of Rebar-Rocketry!

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
just out of curiosity, who is DR. Zooch ?

The creator of these kits is also an author and cartoonist and Dr. Zooch is one of the characters in the strip, so he just named the kits after it.
I just finished updating the page with new pics of the Saturn 1B and some Saturn SA-5 pics and detail page.

I just finished updating the page with new pics of the Saturn 1B and some Saturn SA-5 pics and detail page.

Oh man...I want that SA-5 too... and the 1B... and the Saturn V is calling me too...

I need to talk to wifey and see if she's finished shopping for my birthday yet...it's double present year!

Just ordered the two SA-I's.

(I've already got the 1969 edition Centuri Saturn V (built), and the Estes Saturn IB (unbuilt in box), with Sandman/Gus's IB on the way shortly, as well as Alway's Saturn V. And i have the Micro-Maxx Saturn V downstairs. Might go out and launch it just for fun. :D )

By the start of rocket season next spring, I'm gonna be able (almost) to launch a scale replica of every Apollo-Saturn which ever flew!!

(That would be a hell of an idea for a demo launch - "Saturnalia - A Tribute to America's Apollo-Saturn Program.")

Hmmm... ideas....

:D ;)

I never expected them to do this good, but I have a few left on reserve. While you're there, you might want to get some engines or something. I'm out of E's until the end of the week, but I have a few D's left, plus A's, B's, & C's and Micro Maxx motors for some of Sandman's new kits:)

Almost forgot. I talked to "the man" today and he had talked to BMS. They are trying to get the order done and if everything goes according to schedule, they should be able to ship from about 2 weeks from Wednesday. I already have a checking copy of the Saturn V and it's pretty nice.

Wow.
This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for to take the kids out with. No personal interest at all, you understand, since I'm such a big HPR junkie ;) .

About time somebody did this in mass quantities!

Geez! We never expected them to sell this well! I am almost sold out of this trial run and I've been talking to him about the possibility of doing a second run. I'll let ya know if this happens.

Geez! We never expected them to sell this well! I am almost sold out of this trial run and I've been talking to him about the possibility of doing a second run. I'll let ya know if this happens.

Not to....cross thread....but isn't this sort of like the kit that Sandman is making? I havn't seen one up close.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Not to....cross thread....but isn't this sort of like the kit that Sandman is making? I havn't seen one up close.

Not really. I have one of the Saturn V kits here. It has a body tube, balsa transition, nose cone, and fins, and your regular ol' motor mount, and some small wooden dowels (for details) and a decal sheet. It does have cardstock fairings, and a few other cardstock details. I really don't know how he is putting all these parts in a box and selling it and making any kind of profit. I know I am making very little. It's mainly a traffic-getter for me.
There's another member of this forum who lives here in the same town I do. I'm getting together with him later this week(he's reserved a couple, too) and I'll show him this kit and see if he might want to post his thoughts on it here.

Which kit?...I made one back a ways in 1/135th scale.

My new one is the exact same size as his. I use glossy paper he uses regular paper.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Which kit?...I made one back a ways in 1/135th scale.

My new one is the exact same size as his. I use glossy paper he uses regular paper.

sandman

Was I out to lunch, or were you thinking about making a Saturn 1B with wraps. I think his kits have you roll your own tanks, but most of the other stuff are wraps.

Was I out to lunch, or were you thinking about making a Saturn 1B with wraps.

This is the Saturn 1B I will be releasing soon.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=107856

It uses a "body wrap" over a BT-60 and additional wraps for the transition (the nose cone/capsule is balsa) and more wraps for the tower.

I flew it at NARAM twice.

The Micro maxx version is identical except the transition up to the tower is solid balsa.

John, you have one of my "original" kits...somewhere.

sandman

Bad news guys (for you anyway). I just snapped up the last Dr. Zooch Saturn 1B from rebar. :D

they looks like nice kits for the price,I'm awaiting some build posts first ,by than hopefully some more will be availiable

Good news for everyone who missed the first run. There will be a second run to ship a few weeks later and I've already started taking pre-orders on it. The order is already in to BMS for the parts. The same rules as the first run. First come, first serve.

Here's another update: I'm already about half way through selling out on the second run. I've been talking to him and there will be more in the future, I just don't know the exact time frame. Probably three or four weeks after the second run. (Don't hold me to that) He's out of town on business concerning his "author" side of his business and won't be back til Monday. I'll get with him then on a possible time frame for more kits.

What about his other models? They all say pre-order as well, are they coming out soon? I really like the Saturn I SA5

Scott

Originally posted by aksarben10
What about his other models? They all say pre-order as well, are they coming out soon? I really like the Saturn I SA5

Scott

They are all pre-order as well. I'm not at liberty to elaborate, but he has a lot of good models coming, not just Saturns. Stay tuned.

Back