Dr. Zooch Vanguard Eagle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee... all of North America is heading toward the coldest autumn and winter in decades... no wonder they changed the term Global Warming to Climate Change. Yep- it sure has changed. Where's Al Gore- I need to pay for my carbon footprint. :confused:

Darn, now if the government would only do something useful, like measuring the temperature or something like that, so we can, you know, have some real data about what's happening! Oh, wait...

sep2009.gif

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1352

Darn. Nothing spoils a good gripe like real data sometimes. Where's the fun in that?
:rolleyes:

Do you have that going back to... oh... say about... 1857? In terms of climatology, 1960 is about nine seconds ago in history.;)

90s here again! I hate it but I'm going to coin a new term. Global Ping Pong weather.

Bottom line is, this is a dangerous planet. If only we had kept the torch lite after July 1969 we might be able to get off this rock one day. It's always pretty cool on Mars. :D

Support your Space Program and work against those against it. ;)

Steve

Although this for crap weather is good for something out here. Like making Vanguard Capsules! ;)

Steve

Do you have that going back to... oh... say about... 1857? In terms of climatology, 1960 is about nine seconds ago in history.;)

You go Zooch! Sick and tired of these AGW people and their certainties...

Notice you never hear how JUST MT. PINATUBO put more sulfuric compounds into the stratosphere than ALL the industrial pollution for the last 200 years COMBINED did... surely if Earth were THAT fragile, we'd all be dead by now!

The most powerful 'greenhouse gas' is WATER VAPOR... by a factor of several times more powerful than methane, which is several times more powerful than CO2... without water vapor in our atmosphere Earth would be too cold to support life...

"Look!!! A CLOUD!!! Dang that global warming!!!" :eek::D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Earth has had climate extremes from two-mile thick ice sheets covering half our continent to hot humid jungles and seas covering the continent during the Mesozoic to planetwide deserts at the end of the Permian... who's to say that THIS climate is the 'correct' one, and how exactly did it change BEFORE when we "weren't around"?? I guess it was "Dinosaurpogenic Global Warming"... Darn that DGW!!!

We stupid humans don't know half of what we 'think' we know... as a species... OL JR :)

Those pesky dinosaurs!Now, if it weren't for that big rock that hit Earth some 65 million years ago....:rolleyes:

Also, there is soon(like within the next thousand years:confused:) be a 'pole swap' or reversal..That should prove to be interesting to put it mildly!

Okay- everyone- let's stay on topic please.The AGW debate can take threads WAY off topic and it is an unending argument. Frankly- I'm sorry I mentioned it.

Notice you never hear how JUST MT. PINATUBO put more sulfuric compounds into the stratosphere than ALL the industrial pollution for the last 200 years COMBINED did... surely if Earth were THAT fragile, we'd all be dead by now!

Mount Pinatubo ejected between 15 and 30 million tons of sulfur dioxide gas - which does become sulfuric acid and triggers ozone depletion. But, that's about half amount of sulfur dioxide that was released into the atmosphere as air pollution from just one country, China, in one year, 2000.

The "real" myth you usually hear is that "Mt. Pinatubo emitted more CO2 than ... blah, blah." The truth is "Humans emit 30 billion tons of CO2 per year, or approximately 80 million tons of CO2 per day. In other words, humans emit approximately as much CO2 every day as the entire Mount Pinatubo eruption." - https://www.ecohuddle.com/wiki/global-warming-myths

-- Roger

Okay- everyone- let's stay on topic please.The AGW debate can take threads WAY off topic and it is an unending argument. Frankly- I'm sorry I mentioned it.

BTW, I was entering my last message (which required some research) before I saw this post.

-- Roger

Okay- I'll buy that excuse... provided it is submitted along with a note from a parent.

As if I can remember the autumn of 2009- all I recall is nearly going to my grave with the swine flu.

Try October 2009.

Back