Dr. Zooch Space Shuttle build - Snowmageddon 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to have the three nose cones turned specifically for me, but the guy had already turned some Shuttle ET and SRB cones so he had the dimensions, and scaled them up easy enough. I really thought scaling up 1.5x would be just slightly bigger, but it's much bigger! It flew on a D and the orbiter just wouldn't fly. It would either tumble, or nose dive. Currently the nose of the orbiter is destroyed but I can cut and glue up another one pretty easily. The trick is getting the nose weight right and I'm not sure that's even possible.

View attachment 285096

Danged if it sure doesn't look good!! You kit it -- I'll buy it! :)

Danged if it sure doesn't look good!! You kit it -- I'll buy it! :)

No thanks. I don't want Dr Zooch to sue me.

I'll send you the upscaled images and put you in contact with someone that will turn the nosecones for you. Maybe you can figure out the secret to getting it to fly.

I am seconding Kevin's comments...your upscale Shuttle looked great...but I think I liked your super detailed regular size Shuttle even more....to me that is the gold standard for this kit!

No thanks. I don't want Dr Zooch to sue me.

I'll send you the upscaled images and put you in contact with someone that will turn the nosecones for you. Maybe you can figure out the secret to getting it to fly.

Latest posts

Back