Dr.Zooch out of action for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Zooch

Reaction score
Wes of Dr.Zooch rockets came down with h1n1 Swine Flu last Saturday. It knocked him on his butt in less than a half hour. He is currently under a doctor's care (a real doctor- not a cartoon one) and has been flat out for the last 6 days, but he is recovering. He's also in isolation here at home so he won't spread it to our kids or anyone else. He will not be able to get to this computer or any other computer (even if he could) for the next several days. Again- he IS isolated, but he has a stack of DVDs to keep him going and he says today that he now feels like he just has a bad cold- rather than a cold that'll kill you.

All Dr.Zooch operations are currently on hold- until further notice.

Wes of Dr.Zooch rockets came down with h1n1 Swine Flu last Saturday. It knocked him on his butt in less than a half hour. He is currently under a doctor's care (a real doctor- not a cartoon one) and has been flat out for the last 6 days, but he is recovering. He's also in isolation here at home so he won't spread it to our kids or anyone else. He will not be able to get to this computer or any other computer (even if he could) for the next several days. Again- he IS isolated, but he has a stack of DVDs to keep him going and he says today that he now feels like he just has a bad cold- rather than a cold that'll kill you.

All Dr.Zooch operations are currently on hold- until further notice.

My prayers are with you. Get well soon.

Best wishes for Wes and all of you and, of course, prayers as well.

Pass along our best wishes. We'll miss him at RG-7. If he detects any recurrence, get back to the doc ASAP!

When the Doctor's away, the ants will play... :D

Get well soon.

MarkII

Get well soon!

jeeze, this thing (H1N1) has been a real pain! My son had come into contact with it as well, but recovered quickly (thank God!)

Hope all is well (and getting better) at the home front! :)

Sorry to hear it! Hope he recovers soon and the rest of you guys can steer clear of it.

I drive a schoolbus and my wife teaches, so basically we work in diseaseland... My 4 year old daughter rides the bus with me in the mornings and she woke up with pinkeye in both eyes Wednesday. My wife woke up with it in one eye yesterday.

My brother in law got swine flu last week, and went into the hospital yesterday with pneumonia, but is doing better. His and my sister's boys are staying with Nanny and Pappa this week to try to steer clear of the germs.
I kept my daughter away from Nanny and Pappa in the afternoons this week.

Hope you guys feel better soon! OL JR :)

Wes,

Get well soon. Looks like you beat it as it is. Bravo Zulu.

Steve

Wes,

Sorry to hear you're sick and hoping you're feeling better soon.

Steve

Thanks to everyone here!

Okay- here's the scoop... At 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6, I came down with H1N1 Swine flu. 30 minutes later, by noon, I'd gone from feeling fine to a lump of cramped, shivering meat with a temp. of 102.2. We were smart enough to get me to the doctor within 2 hours and within 3 hours I was on my Rx. The doctor told me that it is key to get into the doctor's office within the first 6 hours.

He also told me that the guy ahead of me was a USNA football player, 200+ pounds and as the doctor said, "more muscles than I've ever seen a human body." In other words- tip-top physical condition. The doctor asked him how long ago this had hit him and the Midshipman with, great effort, lifted his watch, looked at it and replied "22 minutes ago...Sir." So... if it can take down a guy like that inside a half hour, it'll take down anyone.

I was instructed not to lay around trying to figure out where I "got it from." The doctor advised that the virus can be spread so casually that someone in the local supermarket could have it, sneeze and walk around the corner and you walk through the same location a minute later and up the nose it goes. Additionally, you can get it from a person standing as much as 10 feet away. They have no hard data on how long it can survive on surfaces- like ATM swipe machines :eyepop: for example. Once you have the virus it takes almost exactly 24 hours and then it just takes you out.

From a personal standpoint- I'm a life-long, severe, asthmatic and have been afflicted by extreme colds and such since I was six weeks old. I have NEVER been hit by anything like this. My doctor told me that the lucky ones are the smart ones who get into the doctor within hours, the ones who end up in the hospital or worse, are often those who deny that they have it and think they'll get past it in a couple of days with soup and tea. He actually told me to take the first dose of my Rx as soon as the pharmacist handed the bag to me... then he thought for a second and told me not to go into the drug store myself and have my wife go in for me (didn't matter- I could hardly walk at that point anyhow- so you bet that Teresa went in for me). My point is-and I don't wanna tell people how to live- but I would advise that YOU DON'T WANT TO GET THIS!

I had to go into isolation at my home (we have guest quarters) and wear a mask. I was there for 7 days. Finally I was able to go for 24 hours "unmedicated/without fever" and thus was released from islolation, but still am not supposed to go out in public for 10 days.

Of course EVERYTHING I'm involved in has been halted for the past week, and I have been totally out of touch. I did, however, have my DVD library- "Saturday Night Live boxed set, 1977-78 season" "WKRP" first season "Barny Miller" 1976-77 season and a ton of movies, but most important, I have nearly every Spacecraft Films DVD- kept me sane because the cough that goes along with Swine Flu does not allow you to sleep. I was not allowed access to the computer so I asked my wife to post a few messages for me.

Anyhow- I'm up and around now... weak as a kitten, but up and around. Totally ticked off that I had to miss Red Glare, however.

Wes

Glad to hear it Wes... hope you continue to improve and can get back on your feet soon. My BIL got it last week and spent Thursday through Saturday in the hospital with pneumonia... He's better but not 100% but considering returning to teach school tomorrow.

Don't be in too big a rush to get back at it... don't want you coughing in the boxes right before you tape them up!

Hope you can get your orders from a week or so ago sent within the next seven months though... (grins and ducks!)

Later and keep on keepin' on! OL JR :)

PS. You missed Sherigate III: Revenge of the Sheri! last week on YORF... :gavel::roll:

My 4 year old daughter rides the bus with me in the mornings and she woke up with pinkeye in both eyes Wednesday. My wife woke up with it in one eye yesterday.

Ugh, I've got it this week. :eyepop: <======= Imagine the right eye, blood red.

I do not envy you. To cap it all, neither of us gets paid when we're ill.

eyepop.jpg

Well... I sort of get paid- I have royalties from 13 books and they keep coming even after yer' dead, but I lost a lot of $ for the 3 cartoon strips that I missed. Lucky for me the publisher understood fully- he as one of his editors in the hospital with H1N1.

Worst part is I'm WAY behind on my rocket orders and the new Vanguard Eagle is now farther behind... I'll take health and hard work any day!

Of course I feel VERY lucky that this did not hit me until AFTER the Ares I-X... whew!

I'm glad you are better Wes.

My doctor told me no antidote or shots for H1N1 exists in our town anymore when I asked about it since I might be at risk; about the same time you posted you were down for the count.

I'm glad you had some in your town.

I guess its like the soup Nazi, "No cure for You" :eek:

call your local health department for an h1n1. While every state is different, in mine all of the shots went to the public health department - and we've only gotten a fraction of the total number of injections that the federal government promised. We have clinics scheduled all the way out to January!

Back