Dr. Zooch needed a doctor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Zooch

Reaction score
Folks, some of you may find a shortage of Dr. Zooch Rockets. This is due to the fact that I, Wes the owner of Dr. Zooch, recently suffered 3 blown disks in my neck. The painful issue has left me without proper use of my right arm. I can pick up stuff and hold stuff etc, but I cannot do repetitive motion such as putting stuff in kit boxes without the onset of intense pain.

The good news is that my most recent CATscan has shown that surgery is not needed at this time and I'll be beginning physical therapy and injections shortly. I have the best surgeons at my disposal and they both agree on the way forward. And the cervical collar that I have to wear keeps my neck warm.

Meanwhile, Dr. Zooch Rockets is temporarily shut down and all of my retailers have orders pending. I'll be getting to them as soon as I am able but the best that the doctors can say is it will be several weeks.

Meanwhile I'd writing with Dragon 13 and taking little pills that make me....

...what were we talkin' about?

Anyhow- don't worry and don't flood the place with get wells... just don't bark at my retailers and I'll feel just fine.

Wes

Dang! Sorry to hear about that. I got the last Zooch Soyuz from JonRocket so that will tide me over for a while. If I weren't so far away I'd offer to come pack boxes for you in trade for a couple of them. Heh.

I hope your recovery isn't too painful and you can get back to doing what you love soon.

Sorry to hear that and rest up - I hope you get well soon!

About 5 years ago I started having pain in my right arm that got so bad that working on the computer (which is what I do all day) required me lying down on the sofa with my arm, wrist and head propped up by pillows. After many, many doc visits with everyone looking at my arm and shoulder, one doc finally did an MRI of my neck and found some small damage affecting the nerve. Since the pain was finally subsiding a that point (it had been months), he said that he wouldn't suggest neck surgery unless the pain was too great to bear. I made sure to rest up and on my own I started slowly exercising my arms and shoulders with low impact kayaking. The exercise seemed to help, so I kept at it until I could go 12+ miles and my pain was gone.

Each person is different and this worked for me - my body responds very well to low impact repetitive exercise; however definitely check with your docs and PTs before doing anything like I did.

I thought ants were super strong! ;)

Ouch! I hope you are feeling well enough to come to Red Glare in April. Heal well!

Folks, some of you may find a shortage of Dr. Zooch Rockets. This is due to the fact that I, Wes the owner of Dr. Zooch, recently suffered 3 blown disks in my neck. The painful issue has left me without proper use of my right arm. I can pick up stuff and hold stuff etc, but I cannot do repetitive motion such as putting stuff in kit boxes without the onset of intense pain.

The good news is that my most recent CATscan has shown that surgery is not needed at this time and I'll be beginning physical therapy and injections shortly. I have the best surgeons at my disposal and they both agree on the way forward. And the cervical collar that I have to wear keeps my neck warm.

Meanwhile, Dr. Zooch Rockets is temporarily shut down and all of my retailers have orders pending. I'll be getting to them as soon as I am able but the best that the doctors can say is it will be several weeks.

Anyhow- don't worry and don't flood the place with get wells... just don't bark at my retailers and I'll feel just fine.

Wes

Ouch Wes!
Sorry to hear of you injury. Having 3 reptured discs in my lower back I can sympothize with you pain. Great news that no surgery will be needed.
Hope the Doc is back to full strength soon.

Very sorry to hear that Wes! I know how difficult it can be as I deal with numbness in my legs daily; but won't allow surgery. Regardless I pray you recover soon. I know I for one will start picking up more Dr. Zooch rockets when you start again. They are they so much fun to build!!

Hi Wes,
I didn't see this post until today -
I wish you a fast recovery and are back boxing up kits soon! (With those new parachutes. Bill told me, glad you got them!)

Hope your feeling better each day Wes.Love those kits of yours.

Okay gang- just an update... It was determined by CATscan that I'm not really a candidate for surgery. Thus, I've recently had my second spinal injection of steroids and now, several days later I'm feeling a lot better. Doing physical therapy and traction and I'm able to build kits once again- but at a VERY slow rate. I'm looking forward to clearing out my back-orders in the weeks ahead.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers- that stuff works as well as the therapy IMO.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I'm part way through your Soyuz rocket and really enjoying it. Definitely hoping you'll be back to full strength in no time.

Hey Wes,
that is good news...glad to hear the epidural is helping and that you are on the mend! Continued well wishes being sent your way! And its GREAT news that the Doc is starting to build his kits again, even if doing it carefully and slowly!!

Has anyone heard from Wes lately? I've tried to send emails but they've bounced and even a PM with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

I somehow missed this too. Hope you are doing better and that we see you on the Eastern Shore this season.

Sorry to hear the news Wes. Hope you take the much needed time to recover and get well. Your health and well being are more important. You have a lot rocket guys that love your kits and they will wait.

Best wishes

Wes

Wow Wes:
Best wishes for a speedy getting better, with 3 blown Dics in my lower back and two bad knees I certainly feel for you bud!
Keep up the good thoughts and relax for awhile. We'll all wait for stuff til your better.

I emailed with him in Feb. it was a yahoo account so with all there shenanigans he may have shut it down. What's your question someone here maybe able to answer it

Back