Dr. Zooch Lifting Body build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Luke...here ya go! this little ORBITER scoots through the air pretty quick....the last picture it looks like the Lifting Body is going to go straight in, but she leveled off and landed with no damage! you can actually see her starting to pull out of the dive.

IMG_0017a (2).jpgIMG_0018.jpgIMG_0012 (1).jpgIMG_0041a.jpg

Got any "glide shots"?? Those would be neat pics...

later! OL JR :)

Hi Modeltrains,
you are correct, the Zooch Lifting Bodies are not that big....the glider easily fits in the palm of your hand....what I loved about the kit was that there was no official scheme...you can kinda paint them however you like....call it a blank canvass. They are really fun to fly too. The Zooch Shuttle soars...the Lifting Body just scoots through the air! but they actually fly and that is fun to watch!

I have now; didn't realize models were that small!

Yesterday, August 16th was the 50th anniversary of the first free-flight of the first functional lifting body aircraft, the M2-F1... so today at the MDRA launch I flew my lifting body shuttle. It had a great flight. Hats off the Dale Reed and Milt Thompson.

Yesterday, August 16th was the 50th anniversary of the first free-flight of the first functional lifting body aircraft, the M2-F1... so today at the MDRA launch I flew my lifting body shuttle. It had a great flight. Hats off the Dale Reed and Milt Thompson.

Awesome!

That is really cool Wes! so in honor of the 50th anniversary of the first flight, I just purchased another Dr. Zooch Lifting Body. Of all your kits, this is one of my favorites.

Back