Dr Zooch - Juno II Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Another fun kit to build from Dr Zooch. This kit is relatively easy to build with really no complex areas to worry about.

First picture is of the flamefins. They're made from 1/16 hard balsa and the pattern is provided in the kit. I stack 4 sheets of balsa blanks and cut all four of the fins on the jig saw. This was each fin is identical, and in about five minutes from start to finish you have all of the fins you need. I stick to the over all area of the pattern that Dr Zooch provides, but cut my own shape.

DSC00274.jpg

Next picture shows the almost completed motor mount, and flamefin assembly. The plan is to paint the flamefins and motor mount and glue it in the BT once it is painted as well. This picture also shows the nose cone which is sort of cool looking. The only changes here is that I installed the kevlar shock around the motor mount, and I left off the motor retention hook. Nothing screws up a scale model worse than a motor hook, I'd rather use friction fit.

DSC00276.jpg

If anybody has a Juno sitting on a shelf please post the measurement of the body tube, upper section tube and length of exposed motor tube.
Trying to replace a lost rocket

The body tube is 6.8 inches long, the payload tube is 1.0 inches long, the nosecone is a BMS BNC-20Y and the adapter is a BMS TA2055 the exposed length of the engine/fin tube is 4.0, the overall length is 6.75.

I think this would make a great book for you to write Wes with all the specs on each one of you're rockets.
I bet there a good story behind how you came up with doing these rockets and what was behind them. I would buy a couple of copies.

Would anyone else like to see this happen?

The body tube is 6.8 inches long, the payload tube is 1.0 inches long, the nosecone is a BMS BNC-20Y and the adapter is a BMS TA2055 the exposed length of the engine/fin tube is 4.0, the overall length is 6.75.
Awesome
Thank you Wes
It is one of my favorite flyers

I think this would make a great book for you to write Wes with all the specs on each one of you're rockets.
I bet there a good story behind how you came up with doing these rockets and what was behind them. I would buy a couple of copies.

Would anyone else like to see this happen?
I would love to see it happen.
Can I preorder now? Lol

Back