Dr. Zooch EFT-1, SLS, Shuttle launch video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenP

Reaction score

Estes Amazon, Dr. Zooch EFT-1, Dr. Zooch SLS, Dr. Zooch Space Shuttle @ BEMRC launch, June 2015. Might need to watch in full screen or on YouTube for slightly larger video so you can see some of the detail.

Those are some of my favorite builds and fliers.

The commemorative ASTP set of the Saturn 1B and the smaller Soyuz are really cool too! They are so light they really scream off the pad on a C even though they are somewhat draggy.

Estes Amazon, Dr. Zooch EFT-1, Dr. Zooch SLS, Dr. Zooch Space Shuttle @ BEMRC launch, June 2015. Might need to watch in full screen or on YouTube for slightly larger video so you can see some of the detail.

Happy group there!

I think the MK II was a hugely underrated kit. I built two and 'flew the snot' out of both of them.

I had another of Wes’ “fantasy” scale kits the Crumman C3C - sort of a Titan III-ish looking rocket - that flew arrow straight and was a hoot to build. I really wish I’d scanned the wraps since it landed in the top of a thirty foot maple. I did stock up before all the kits dried up so I have plenty of Dr Z kits to build but not another Crumman C3C CLV-75!

I love his Saturn 1b and have stocked up on them. Another of my favorite Zooch kits was his Lifting Body. Fun to build and fly! I painted mine like WWII fighters just for fun. I would love to see those come back as well.

Kind of hard to see this detail in the video, screen shot shown below, but there is a special mission patch on the EFT-1 below the USA flag.

I put one of these on all of my Zooch builds.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.18.19 PM.png

Don't ask.

Back