Dr Zooch Atlas Agena

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypv

And so it begins...
Reaction score
Here's my Dr Zooch Atlas Agena that I picked up at NARAM.
Great kit as are all Dr Zooch kits.
I used some adhesive back mylar for the chrome.
I think it came out pretty good.
First flight will be on the 19th at the next CMASS launch.

Dr Z Atlas Agena sm.jpg

Dr Z Atlas Agena ff sm.jpg

Looks good, as usual. I like the chrome.

How come you can pick a kit up at NARAM and have it done already? I just finished a kit that I got for Christmas 2 years ago.

WOW!!!!

"Good" does not due here- more like FANTASTIC!!!

Great job!

How come you can pick a kit up at NARAM and have it done already? I just finished a kit that I got for Christmas 2 years ago.

Yea, anyway??? I picked up 4 kits at NARAM-51 and will feel pretty dern snooty if I get to them this winter!! :D

Thanks everyone.

Well... my hours at work got reduced and I'm single so I've got a lot of spare time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, kudos!!! That looks TERRIFIC!

I really like the chrome tank and the silver engine section/fairings... It looks very scale that way!

What silver did you use for the fairings and engine section?? I didn't have particularly good luck with 'chrome in a can'... LOL:)

Later and KUTGW!! OL JR :)

I really like the chrome tank and the silver engine section/fairings... It looks very scale that way!

What silver did you use for the fairings and engine section?? I didn't have particularly good luck with 'chrome in a can'... LOL:)

Thanks.
It's Krylon silver without any clear coat or Future.

I flew the Atlas Agena yesterday.
I used a B6-4. It was pretty windy and it weather cocked as you would expect.
Other wise it flew great.
On landing it was going side ways pretty fast and crimped one of the flame fin tubes.
To fix it I cut a piece of Aerotech ignitor tube length wise and slid it inside the flame fin tube. Worked great. It's stronger now than it was before.

Atlas Agena 1otp sm.jpg

Atlas Agena 2lo sm.jpg

Tony did his exactly how we discussed doing it in your Atlas thread. He is the master!
hidden-33.gif

I flew the Atlas Agena yesterday.
I used a B6-4. It was pretty windy and it weather cocked as you would expect.
Other wise it flew great.
On landing it was going side ways pretty fast and crimped one of the flame fin tubes.
To fix it I cut a piece of Aerotech ignitor tube length wise and slid it inside the flame fin tube. Worked great. It's stronger now than it was before.

Question... what are the dixie cups on your launchers for?? Ignitor 'trash' (wire/tape bits?)

Seems like a good idea...

I recently talked our club guys into putting a 5 gallon bucket by the rack/pads for ignitor wires/tape and stuff like that... after I picked up a handful of ignitor wires and stuff after a club launch out in the pasture a few months back... I don't mind the ignitor plugs; I can pick those up and use them myself for all my old engines from before there were such things, but the wires, well, grazing cows and bits of wire on the ground can cause problems, like hardware disease...

Looks like yall have a nice field.

Later! OL JR :)

Question... what are the dixie cups on your launchers for?? Ignitor 'trash' (wire/tape bits?)

Seems like a good idea...

I recently talked our club guys into putting a 5 gallon bucket by the rack/pads for ignitor wires/tape and stuff like that... after I picked up a handful of ignitor wires and stuff after a club launch out in the pasture a few months back... I don't mind the ignitor plugs; I can pick those up and use them myself for all my old engines from before there were such things, but the wires, well, grazing cows and bits of wire on the ground can cause problems, like hardware disease...

Looks like yall have a nice field.

Later! OL JR :)

That's right they are for used ignitors etc...

It is a nice field. We can fly up to J motors. We're not too far from the ocean so it tends to be windy. :rolleyes:

Back