Dr. Rocket's 54/426?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think so. I believe Dr Rocket stopped producing cases before the 54/426 was created.

Yeah, pretty certain this hardware and reloads were introduced subsequent to the Dr. Rocket production time frame.

Yep, I've had the AT 54/426 (custom laser etched and since lost at "The Bong"). I replaced that with a pretty blue one which is NOT engraved... :mad:
Although Charlie from AT hinted that AT might start custom laser etching cases... :w: :w: If they do that, it'l cost me several hundred dollars in shipping... :shock:

Adrian

They were the first batch...just a plain ole mistake. [426]

These were used for the first Wildman Gizmo drag races & came as part of the deal . Case/reload/Gizmo kit. To promote the "soda" can 1 grain reloads. Somewhere between 50-100 were in that deal lasted a year.

Last edited:
So then this poses the question...
Which is rarer, the Rouse-Tech 54/427 case or the Rouse-Tech 54/426 case?
Or did they never produce a case which was labeled 54/426?

I used to have a 54 / 426 case..
I won't swear to this but I'm pretty sure it was a red Dr. Rocket case...

Teddy

Teddy

After posting this question, I ran across a mention on google of a Dr. Rocket's 54/426. Not enough to confirm it, but enough to speculate of a rare existence. I'd really like to have it in my set. Guess a black AT may have to suffice. I know it's a rarely flown case, but I have the perfect spot for it.

So then this poses the question...
Which is rarer, the Rouse-Tech 54/427 case or the Rouse-Tech 54/426 case?
Or did they never produce a case which was labeled 54/426?

As I mentioned above...the 426 was a MISTAKE. Yes there were many of them I had 2. They only were made the first year/run.
They still make the 427...I use one all the time with I-229T Blue thunder load. Great for flying your minimum 54's, no need for an adapter, when you don't want to go very high. My Punisher hits 22-2400 ft with this load.
Great for fields with lower waivers.

Teddy

After posting this question, I ran across a mention on google of a Dr. Rocket's 54/426. Not enough to confirm it, but enough to speculate of a rare existence. I'd really like to have it in my set. Guess a black AT may have to suffice. I know it's a rarely flown case, but I have the perfect spot for it.

I'm 99% sure it never existed in Red Dr Rockets form. But, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, so.... :)

Adrian

IIRC, the 54/426 came out in April 2007 and the I599N was the first reload available for it followed by the I115W, I117FJ, I215R, I229T and the I170G sometime later on.

They were originally shipped with medusa nozzles and phenolic liners and used the original 54mm aft closure. A while later, AT switched them over to standard 38mm single throat nozzles and paper liners IIRC to lower the prices of the reloads. Unfortunately the smaller nozzles required the use of the new 54mm small nozzle aft closure which AT released at the same time.

Back