Dr.Rocket/RouseTech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny1Eye

Reaction score
I'm a BAR twice over. It's been 10+ years since I have launched any rockets.
Most of my AT motors are DR. Rockets hardware. (a few are AT) Would the Rouse Tech cases/closures be compatible with them?

I'm guessing the threads should be the same, but I would hate to learn different when I'm out at the field.

-Jon

I never heard what the official word on Dr Rocket was?

Someone said out of business. He does still have a website, but all it says is who may still be selling his hardware nothing else...

JD

It's my understanding that he is out of the business. Not sure what all the reasons and details are, but apparently that's why Rouse-Tech was approved as a certified vendor of AT compatible hardware. They stepped in to fill the void left by Dr. Rocket. If anyone has better info, please correct me.

Mark

I guess I could have left a little more in depth explanation. Aerotech makes a black line of motor casings. They have allowed other manufacturers to produce casings. Both Rouse Tech and Dr. Rocket both were or are authorized hardware producers. The parts are inter-changable.

Rouse tech has produced a green and blue base in the past.

Dr Rocket is closed. They have produced a red motor casing among others.

I hope this helps.

Chuck

Last edited:
Not really.....
I just haven't bought any new hardware in a while.
Most of my stuff is either AT ( from 1995 to 96) or Dr Rocket.
I never really left, just wasn't paying attention to AT hardware producers.

JD

I guess I could have left a little more in depth explanation. Aerotech makes a black line of motor casings. They have allowed other manufacturers to produce casings. Both Rouse Tech and Dr. Rocket both were or are authorized hardware producers. The parts are inter-changable.

Rouse tech has produced a green and blue base in the past.

Dr Rocket is closed. The have produced a red motor casing among others.

I hope this helps.

Chuck

Your old casings are fine and compatible with Dr.Rocket and/or Rouse tech. I've used several combinations many times, no problems. It is my understanding that AT no longer makes the casings.

I have a couple closures I milled myself for use in experiments. I have used Dr Rocket closures on several other cases. I think the only question I have is how does it effect the warrantee.

Yes, but, if the casing is damaged due to a motor failure of some sort, then it is possible that AT would replace it. I had a nozzle failure on an AT J500G where it burned out the side of the nozzle and burned part of my rear closure. It was a Dr. Rocket casing. AT replaced the rear closure. I would guess it would be by a case by case basis. Then you get into what caused the failure and so on, but for the most part I still don't think there is anything to worry about. Either AT would cover it if it is an AT casing/motor or the casing manufacturer would cover it, depending on the situation.

Have there ever been casing failures that happened NOT because of the motor? I would guess they would be few and far between, if any.

I had an early H210R bubble my Dr. Rocket casing; Karl Baumann warrantied it on the spot with a brand new AT case. It's compatible with my Dr. Rocket closures. I also let GBR borrow a Dr. Rocket 76mm forward closure once; with their hardware cleaning history, it got replaced a few years later with a RouseTech one, which works fine on my Dr. Rocket 76mm stuff. So yea, it's all cross compatible!

I had a nozzle failure on an AT J500G where it burned out the side of the nozzle and burned part of my rear closure.

Was that this flight? I remember it being kinda squirelly on the way up, and the flame doesn't look exactly straight. Glad they got everything sorted out.

IMG_7463.jpg

Was that this flight? I remember it being kinda squirelly on the way up, and the flame doesn't look exactly straight. Glad they got everything sorted out.

Yes, and I'm in the background taking a picture. That is a nice picture, I'd like some more if you'd be willing to give it to me. How many more pics do you have of my rockets?

Anyway, yes, that flight was kinda squirrely, in fact it did a 360' IIRC. And if you look at the picture, you can see that the flame just doesn't quite look right. That rocket had never done that before, so I thought it was a bit unusual.

Back