Dr Rocket Millenium Edition cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Scored a set of 38mm cases today. 38/240-38/360-38/480 with a rear and open front closure. Matching 007 serial numbers and mfg dates 04/2000.

Pretty sweet set. Stoked to get them!

Almost too pretty to use.

What was the run numbers on these? I didn't find anything online about them. So I though I would post them here.

milennium edition 007 ser numbers.jpg

I have been collecting these for years. Started with a 54/852-2560 sold to my directly by the Doctor himself at LDRS 19 in Orangeburg Sc. My 54mm set has matching 005 numbers.

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Scored a set of 38mm cases today. 38/240-38/360-38/480 with a rear and open front closure. Matching 007 serial numbers and mfg dates 04/2000.

Pretty sweet set. Stoked to get them!

Almost too pretty to use.

What was the run numbers on these? I didn't find anything online about them. So I though I would post them here.

Sweet! James Bond's cases... :wink: :cool:
I have some 29's, 38's and 54's. The 54's aren't actually marked Millenium, these are marked for some hobby shop anniversary (don't have them near, and can't remember the name). Yep, nice cases. Mine are for my boy, should he ever decide that rockets are more interesting than on-line gaming... :eyeroll:

Adrian

Those and the desert fire are pretty. Are they anodized like that? If so, I'm curious how that is done. Might be random (not mixing the dye or a planned pattern with a process.

Oh, yeah. forgot I had a desert fire one too. Just a little one I picked up from ebay. Ron, if you still frequent here, thanks. I do plan on flying it soon.

View attachment 280047

Gotta make the AV bay for my PR Mad Maxx into a doughnut bay; the case is a little longer than I currently have room for. Maybe a (re)build thread is in order.

Adrian

Last edited:
What is that...staining damage? Discoloration? I have almost the same on one of my cases when the liner burned through on one side in one spot.

Just kidding! I'm envious! GREAT looking cases and I'm thinking the same that they're "Almost too pretty to use." Great score! :)

What is that...staining damage? Discoloration? I have almost the same on one of my cases when the liner burned through on one side in one spot.

Just kidding! I'm envious! GREAT looking cases and I'm thinking the same that they're "Almost too pretty to use." Great score! :)

Yeah, I didn't want to post his phone and TRA number on a public forum....
Which brings up my problem. Is there any way to engrave out his info I wonder???

Adrian

I have a Millenium 38mm 240 - 480 set that is serial number 112. I think I might still have a desert fire 54mm casing somewhere but I may have sold it. I had a Monster casing in the same size.

I have been collecting these for years. Started with a 54/852-2560 sold to my directly by the Doctor himself at LDRS 19 in Orangeburg Sc. My 54mm set has matching 005 numbers.

Cool Jim, I bought my 54/852-2560 millennium set in 2000, directly from the Dr. Rocket website, matching 008 numbers. The manufacture date on them is 6/2000. I'm scratching my head as to why I didn't have them engraved with my name and NAR #, since my 29mm (red) and 38mm (red) sets are.

I almost didn't get them. I had a pretty good pile of stuff ready to check out and thought if I don't get those cases, the chance to get a set like this may not happen again. Like I said they are ALMOST to pretty to use. They will get used.

Those red cases are super cool!

See ya,
Rod

Back