• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dr. Rocket 54/1280 case with J135W Long burn reload

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jus_rockets

Reaction score
I have for sale a dr.rocket 54/1280 case with a J135W Long burn loaded in it. Case is in great condition and also comes with standard open fwd closure. This for pick up only in Phoenix,Az or at any SSS launch. Willing to separate and shipped the case for the right price. HARDWARE SOLD! STILL HAVE RELOAD AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP FOR $70

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh, I want the propellant for making sure my motors ignite but I live in stinkin' NC!

Gosh, I want the propellant for making sure my motors ignite but I live in stinkin' NC!
Ummmm. Why would you want to tear up a good J135 load to make your motors ignite? Besides, it's white lightning, not blue thunder which is what you're after.

Aerotech should sell irregular/reject slugs of BT just for that purpose, so we don't have to pillage existing reloads!

Ummmm. Why would you want to tear up a good J135 load to make your motors ignite? Besides, it's white lightning, not blue thunder which is what you're after.

Aerotech should sell irregular/reject slugs of BT just for that purpose, so we don't have to pillage existing reloads!

Exactly what I was thinking

They do at value rockets. You can buy propellant scraps for testing lasers

Does that load require the extended forward closure, as it is shown in the first pic? I think it does, but I'm not certain.

All, and only, the White Lightning 54mm slot-grain motors (J90, J135, K185, K270) need the extended forward closures. Everything else, from the J1799N to the K700W to the J180T Blue Thunder slot-grain, uses a normal forward closure.

All, and only, the White Lightning 54mm slot-grain motors (J90, J135, K185, K270) need the extended forward closures. Everything else, from the J1799N to the K700W to the J180T Blue Thunder slot-grain, uses a normal forward closure.

correct and both closures are inlcuded

It's so tempting, and so very shiny indeed.... but my club already has a 1280 case and both kinds of closures... sorry.

I get my igniter slugs from BT Aerotech motors that pop. Keep an eye out at your local rocket launch and if someone is unfortunate to have a Blue Thunder motor pop, ask nicely for the grain. One slug is good for a long time, even when it is rock hard it will burn nice. I also use scrap blue from back in the days I casted propellant at a friends house.

I would be interested in the J135 reload, but I am no where near Phoenix, and the last time I remember being in Phoenix was back in 1988... I was 9 :p

Back