• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dr. Rocket 38mm Millenium Edition Year 2000 Blue/Purple Tie Dyed Cases and Closures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 34969

Reaction score
Never used 38mm Millenium Edition Dr. Rocket 2000 Blue/Purple Tie Dyed cases set of 3 - 38/240, 38/360 and 38/480. I'm also including a red Dr. Rocket 38/600 which has been used at the maximum of about 4-6 times. (See pics - you will see some blemishes and stains on the red 38/600.

IMG_4193 (2).jpgIMG_4195 (2).jpgIMG_4197 (2).jpgIMG_4201 (2).jpg

Included is one fore red plugged enclosure (never used) and one rear enclosure (used about 4-6 times) and one used seal disc. $400

I just joined this forum today so that I might be able to sell some of my old gear. I got into rocketry in the late 90s, but haven't been involved since around 2005. My name is Bill Van Auken and my NAR membership expired in 2009. My NAR# was 77835 and I was HPR cert level 2. I live in NorCal now, but when I first got involved in rocketry, I was living in SoCal. I went to many launches with my good buddy Sam out in the desert near Lucerne Valley on a dry lake bed which was hosted by the Rocketry Organization of CA. They had monthly launch meets and every year they had a big one called RocStock. :) Good times. I finally decided to try and sell off some of my old stuff to someone that can use and enjoy it as I have other hobbies now and I don't plan on getting back into rockets in the near future. Heck...I can't remember anything that I learned, so I'd have to start all over again.

IMG_4156 (2).jpgIMG_4157 (2).jpgIMG_4172 (2).jpgIMG_4177 (2).jpgIMG_4178 (2).jpg

Last edited:
A lot of money for used hardwear. How clean are the insides?
The 38mm are not used and in like new condition. I can send you pictures of the insides if you like. They are pristine. The red 38/600 has been used but not many times at all. In great shape. I can send you a picture of the insides of that one too. I've found a perfect back drop with the right amount of lighting where I can get some good pics. They will only let me upload 10 pics. If you want me to text them to you I can. Bill

you can buy this entire package from wildman for $312 plus shipping
I don't see in Wildman that you can get the now defunct Dr. Rocket casings. My understanding was these are somewhat treasured and in demand, especially since the blue/purple tie-dyed cases that I have offered up have never been used. They are the so called Millennium Edition year 2000 with very low serial numbers. Two of them are SN 002 and one is SN 013. My understanding is that is what makes these more valuable. Just sayin' and I'm open to input and other information you may have. Bill

I don't see in Wildman that you can get the now defunct Dr. Rocket casings. My understanding was these are somewhat treasured and in demand, especially since the blue/purple tie-dyed cases that I have offered up have never been used. They are the so called Millennium Edition year 2000 with very low serial numbers. Two of them are SN 002 and one is SN 013. My understanding is that is what makes these more valuable. Just sayin' and I'm open to input and other information you may have. Bill

They are a collector's item , but inside the rocket they all look the same .

Back