• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold DR. Rocket 29mm cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hybrid33

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Two DR Rocket29/180 cases each with open forward closures, NO Aft Closures included or available .
$52.00 each shipped prefer PayPal Friends or family or add 3% Thanks for Looking !!!thumbnail (1).jpg

Yes. Rouse-Tech closures fit as well.

Interesting color combo: Red case and Silver closures.

Dr. Rockets hardware was licensed by Aerotech so parts are/were interchangeable.

Could you please post a picture of the inside of the casings? If they're in good shape I'm interested!

(I ask because once left a spent H180 reload in a case for too long and it stripped the interior anodization.)

Sorry it was so long for me to get back to you, Saturday chores came first.
DR Rockets anodizing in my opinion was never up to the quality of Aerotech's.
These cases are probably not Museum/Collector quality .
They are in very good used condition some light staining, but you have to really look for it .
The anodizing looks to have held up well for DR Rocket cases as above you have to really be hunting for flaws .
Pictures of the inside of cases is just not in my wheel house but here is the best I could do .

Attachments

• thumbnail (14).jpg
    thumbnail (14).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail (13).jpg
    thumbnail (13).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail (9).jpg
    thumbnail (9).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail (10).jpg
    thumbnail (10).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 32
I have noticed the same anodizing issues in my DR hardware.
Suspect you’re right about DR vs AT.

Has led me to prefer DMS loads whenever possible. There’s also the convenience factor and quicker turnaround time.

They look good to me! PM'd

I've gotten many flights out of Dr. Rocket hardware and it holds up well as long as you clean it quickly and thoroughly afterwards.

Has led me to prefer DMS loads whenever possible. There’s also the convenience factor and quicker turnaround time.

These are good points but assembling reloadable motors is a part of the hobby I really enjoy.

They look good to me! PM'd

I've gotten many flights out of Dr. Rocket hardware and it holds up well as long as you clean it quickly and thoroughly afterwards.

These are good points but assembling reloadable motors is a part of the hobby I really enjoy.
Far be it from me to knock your appreciation of the hobby we both enjoy. If we flew together I‘d ask you to assemble my reloads! :)

Here in Northern California I get maybe five launches in a good year (no drought or rained out launch dates) and I fly with the largest NAR club in America. There are 12-16 HPR pads, 12-16 MPR pads, and maybe 24 LPR pads.

A regular club launch might attract 80 to 100 vehicles and over 200 rocketeers competing for a pad.

I have waited over an hour to get assigned a pad on one of the high power racks. I bring a folding chair to the check-in table waiting line.

On average I launch two birds a day. Three on an very good day. Rolling hills and fording streams makes for interesting retrieval hikes. When people comment on my blaze orange construction vest I tell them my rockets are brightly painted so I can see them on the ground and I wear the vest so everyone else can see ME if I’m on the ground. Hey, I’m OLD!

That’s why I prefer DMS and Single Use motors.

Back