Dr. Crisp Elementary School

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Over the winter recess, here in New Hampshire, I was invited to do some magic shows for the younger kids (K-2) and rocketry with the older kids (3-5). I have a photo album of the rocketry session that you can view by clicking this link.

We have 7 kids and built the Whatchamacallit kit. They had a ball, with this being an introduction to rocketry for most of them. I don't think the day-camp director really knew what this was all about, but she knows now and just loves it, as did the kids :)

You're not having any fun, are you Jim? :D

We need to sit down with 4-H enrollment forms these next few weeks and make some decisions on projects for this summer. I had a number of first year kids last year who all did the Thing-a-ma-jig. Most are pretty young so I was thinking it would be nice to have one basic kit for all of them, with fin choices to individualize it. I don't suppose you have a choose-your-own fin design kit yet, so I wouldn't have to worry about stability for each one? ;)

You're not having any fun, are you Jim? :D

We need to sit down with 4-H enrollment forms these next few weeks and make some decisions on projects for this summer. I had a number of first year kids last year who all did the Thing-a-ma-jig. Most are pretty young so I was thinking it would be nice to have one basic kit for all of them, with fin choices to individualize it. I don't suppose you have a choose-your-own fin design kit yet, so I wouldn't have to worry about stability for each one? ;)

Not at the time, but yer givin' me ideas... :)

Let me think about that for a bit...

Not to steal any of Jim's thunder... :eek: but the Semroc Squire is a great "customizable" kit, I bashed a couple of them for one of the EMRR challenges last year, lots of fins and multiple body tubes to work with...

That is so awesome! Looks like the kids all had a great time. I miss my days as a Cub Scout leader (my son is 23 now).

That is so awesome! Looks like the kids all had a great time. I miss my days as a Cub Scout leader (my son is 23 now).

They did have a ball. Frankly, when they signed up they were not aware that these were real, flying models and that just got them going into it more. The launch was fantastic!

Back