downloading data from perfectflite stratologger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AP aroma

Reaction score
I am trying to download the data from a perfectflite altimeter. I want to put this on my laptop that uses Windows 10. When I plug the DT4U cable into the altimeter, then into the USB port and turn it on (I am using a charged battery) I don't get anything coming up on the screen. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

...and read the instructions for establishing a connection between the altimeter and DataCap program.

Yes I have the software on the computer. Where are the instructions for establishing a connection?

The DT4U manual says it works with XP, Vista & 7. Has it been upgraded to include Windows 10?

I've used it with Windows 10 on my TARC team's PNut. Did you plug in the cable and turn on the altimeter first, before you launched the software? You need to do that so the software will detect the altimeter.

Now that you have the files downloaded, a cool trick you may not know about: if you change the file extension to .xls the file will open as an excel spreadsheet with all the data.
I’ve been using PerfectFlites for years and didn’t know about this - thanks for the tip!

My pleasure. Now that you have the data in excel, you can load it into Dashware and do a video with gauges on it. If you have a ride-along camera video, that is.

My pleasure. Now that you have the data in excel, you can load it into Dashware and do a video with gauges on it. If you have a ride-along camera video, that is.

The stars must be in alignment......just Friday I was trying to remember the name of the 'gauges on the screen' utility.

DASHWARE.

Thank you.

Was having a difficult time getting DataCap application to run on my Windows 10 system. What worked for me was to run it in Compatibility Mode with Windows 7.

Right click the app => Properties => Compatibility => "Run this program in compatibility mode" => Windows 7.

It runs slow, but all functionality works correctly.

BTW, did not work running compatibility mode for Windows 8.

Back