Done with rockets.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided that I have already grown tired of rockets.

I will not be finishing any projects and I am going to sell my motor hardware.

Keep a look out for it on the yard sale section.

I'm going to give away my rockets.

Peace to all
-UP

P.S. April Fools :D

I'm not goin anywhere :p

I was looking forward to some deals on motor hardware. And you cant blame me for beleiving you because we already had april fools day.

Got me good. :D :rolleyes:

I got my tennis coach today... convinced him that I'd failed a test and wouldn't be able to be on varsity for the rest of the season... took him a few seconds to realize I was pulling his leg. I was gonna come down to the courts on crutches, but I couldn't convince the nurse to borrow a pair.

And it looks like snow this Saturday, makes for terrible launch conditions so I think the launch will be pushed back a week:mad:

Ah, well. I can finish up a few more rockets and my bulk pack of Estes motor's and a bunch of AT reloads should be here from Hobby Linc :cyclops:

It's after midnight so no April Fools:(

I had the first day of my Litchfield Boys & Girls Club rocket class yesterday...

I walked in and started to pull out balls of yarn and informed the group that rocketry got cancelled and they were going to learn how to knit...

The looks were absolutely PRICELESS! LOL

And it looks like snow this Saturday, makes for terrible launch conditions so I think the launch will be pushed back a week:mad:

Ah, well. I can finish up a few more rockets and my bulk pack of Estes motor's and a bunch of AT reloads should be here from Hobby Linc :cyclops:

It's after midnight so no April Fools:(

Yeah, that's pretty upsetting. At least it gives my dad another week to build his strong arm. Hopefully we can get at least one test flight on it. He still has to pay his tripoli dues then it's up with the H180 :D

I had the first day of my Litchfield Boys & Girls Club rocket class yesterday...

I walked in and started to pull out balls of yarn and informed the group that rocketry got cancelled and they were going to learn how to knit...

The looks were absolutely PRICELESS! LOL
That's an awesome prank!:roll:
I bet they were all pretty depressed! Just out of curiosity, what are they building over there?

heck with the things that happen in this hobby I would not have blamed you if you had up and quit.

You know how it is. Chute happens :D Besides, quitting rocketry is probably harder than quitting smoking.

Maybe they have some kind of AP patch.:roll:

That's an awesome prank!:roll:
I bet they were all pretty depressed! Just out of curiosity, what are they building over there?

In Litchfield they're building the Avalear. In Merrimack the beginners are building the Rhino (after building the Flea) and the advanced class is building the L-13 (after building the Deuce's Wild) :)

In Litchfield they're building the Avalear. In Merrimack the beginners are building the Rhino (after building the Flea) and the advanced class is building the L-13 (after building the Deuce's Wild) :)
Nice, I have to get my self a deuce. I need to get some measurements. Okay that's just an excuse to buy one, but I'm building a 29mm upscale. If I make it to octoberfest, Ben and I have a drag race coming.

Since this is one April 1st thread that’s still going....I had pretty good responses to my April 1st joke:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=10456

Some of you might not have seen it since it was listed as news about Ares-1 and the shuttle and many may not go for checking out every message mentioning “NASA News”.

Anyway, there was one place I posted it where it got a strange reaction.

NASAspaceflight.com, in their forum section (General section).

Well, the readers there liked it, at least the ones who replied. But hours after I posted it, and I went back to look for more responses, it was GONE. I posted a message asking what happened (careful NOT to post the link to the April Fool’s joke itself). And minutes later, that message was gone. So I posted a message asking again why my messages were disappearing, and that the moderators should at least explain why. Of course minutes later that message was gone.

Finally I got a private reply from a moderator who told me it was removed because April 1st had ended. He sent me that message at around 8 PM April 1st.

I replied and pointed out it was still April 1st where I was, and surely he did not expect everyone who checks out their site to do it during daytime and not to log on for the first time that day at night, once they got home from work. But in a reply to that, he claimed that April Fools “day” ends at noon. Really, there is a April Fools Association somewhere who made up that rule, and all non-members are supposed to abide by them?

Jim, I hope you did your April Fools joke (rockets canceled, replaced by knitting) on that class before noon or you were in violation of the OFFICIAL April Fool rules. :)

Upscaler, you posted this thread after noon, so you “broke the law”. :)

He also said in that second message that some had complained for “wasting 2 minutes of their time” (wow, there’s that many who use that forum who are on dial-up to cause the page to take 2 minutes to load? No, even when I was on AOL dial-up my page would probably have only taken about 30 seconds to load since it was just one not-so-big photo, very little text, and simple HTML code). Well, nobody complained in the replies I had seen before I had to go to work. And he COULD have renamed it as an April Fool’s joke rather than totally removed it, since at least the Photoshop image is interesting even outside of the April Fool’s day context.

Strange too that it was “verboten” to even leave up a message in their forum asking why messages had been deleted. I guess that “Forum Questions About Deleted Messages Day” only runs from 12:01 AM thru noon on every February 30th.

Interesting that I did a search for some 4-letter words on that forum and found several there. So they can curse there, but the ownership there could not stand a nice clean simple fast loading April Fool’s joke.

- George Gassaway

Ares-1X-shuttle.jpg

Last edited:
Since this is one April 1st thread that’s still going....I had pretty good responses to my April 1st joke:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=10456

Some of you might not have seen it since it was listed as news about Ares-1 and the shuttle and many may not go for checking out every message mentioning “NASA News”.

Anyway, there was one place I posted it where it got a strange reaction.

NASAspaceflight.com, in their forum section (General section).

Well, the readers there liked it, at least the ones who replied. But hours after I posted it, and I went back to look for more responses, it was GONE. I posted a message asking what happened (careful NOT to post the link to the April Fool’s joke itself). And minutes later, that message was gone. So I posted a message asking again why my messages were disappearing, and that the moderators should at least explain why. Of course minutes later that message was gone.

Finally I got a private reply from a moderator who told me it was removed because April 1st had ended. He sent me that message at around 8 PM April 1st.

I replied and pointed out it was still April 1st where I was, and surely he did not expect everyone who checks out their site to do it during daytime and not to log on for the first time that day at night, once they got home from work. But in a reply to that, he claimed that April Fools “day” ends at noon. Really, there is a April Fools Association somewhere who made up that rule, and all non-members are supposed to abide by them?

Jim, I hope you did your April Fools joke (rockets canceled, replaced by knitting) on that class before noon or you were in violation of the OFFICIAL April Fool rules. :)

Upscaler, you posted this thread after noon, so you “broke the law”. :)

He also said in that second message that some had complained for “wasting 2 minutes of their time” (wow, there’s that many who use that forum who are on dial-up to cause the page to take 2 minutes to load? No, even when I was on AOL dial-up my page would probably have only taken about 30 seconds to load since it was just one not-so-big photo, very little text, and simple HTML code). Well, nobody complained in the replies I had seen before I had to go to work. And he COULD have renamed it as an April Fool’s joke rather than totally removed it, since at least the Photoshop image is interesting even outside of the April Fool’s day context.

Strange too that it was “verboten” to even leave up a message in their forum asking why messages had been deleted. I guess that “Forum Questions About Deleted Messages Day” only runs from 12:01 AM thru noon on every February 30th.

Interesting that I did a search for some 4-letter words on that forum and found several there. So they can curse there, but the ownership there could not stand a nice clean simple fast loading April Fool’s joke.

- George Gassaway

I couldn't find an official April Fool's association, but I did find this page that makes referance to noon:

https://www.april-fools.us/history-april-fools.htm

An English tradition.

You know how it is. Chute happens :D Besides, quitting rocketry is probably harder than quitting smoking.

Maybe they have some kind of AP patch.:roll:
You would need to enter a 12 Stage program. ;)

Mark K.

Nice, I have to get my self a deuce. I need to get some measurements. Okay that's just an excuse to buy one, but I'm building a 29mm upscale. If I make it to octoberfest, Ben and I have a drag race coming.

Octoberfest? As in NCR Octoberfest?

If so, does that mean that you and ben will be here?

Back