DOH! Just spent almost $200 for BP motors!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score
I just got my order from AC; 82 BP rocket motors ranging from mini A's to E9's.
I was out of stock of certain sizes so ordered some more.
I think I already have about 150 motors at home. out of control.

Oh well, at least I will have plenty of motors for the upcoming club launch...

Dude, you're so gone - out of control man....I can tell you have that crazy BAR bug everytime you come out.

That's alright. I have a secret stash of AP motors that I keep building up. For every motor I burn I buy 2 to replace it! I'm kinda tired of buying 1 or 2 packs of motors at a time. I may breakdowm sometime and just load up on motors too.

If this approaching hurricane does any damage I'm done. Time to invest in ziploc baggies and tupperware tubs!

motors everywhere, just totally overstuffed with them, hey now you are "rich"... what a great feeling!

$200 of motors will make you vastly happier for weeks and weeks than 2 hours of psychotherapy or whatever you might otherwise waste your money on!

With a nod to The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers:

"Motors can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no motors!"

:D

$200 of motors will make you vastly happier for weeks and weeks

At this year's Cub Scout launch, I personally went through about $100 in BP motors. Half went to the Rickter Recker.

At this year's Cub Scout launch, I personally went through about $100 in BP motors. Half went to the Rickter Recker.

you sound like you've launched yourself in to a trance-like nirvana. Your next fortune cookie will read something mysterious and inscrutable such as "By returning to Earth, your Richter Recker has left you."

yeah, clusters burn up a lot of motors!

I think perhaps the best $30 I ever spent was for a Quest B6-4 bulk pack for my son's birthday party.

["By returning to Earth, your Richter Recker has left you."

Ironically, at the last CMASS launch we lost the front half of the RR. I got a replacement nosecone for it, but it's only 40% its original length, the remainder rests somewhere in a field of shoulder-high grass.

Still, at $16 a launch, it adds up fast. It was worth it to see the looks on their faces (parents included ;)

Originally posted by pdooley
like a kid at Christmas, got my stuff spread out on the counter:)

A couple packs of D12-0's and some E9's. I bet you are gonna have some fun. Some SERIOUS FUN!

Originally posted by DJ Delorie
Ironically, at the last CMASS launch we lost the front half of the RR. I got a replacement nosecone for it, but it's only 40% its original length, the remainder rests somewhere in a field of shoulder-high grass.

You should of gone with us guys for Chinese after the launch. That is an tradition after an Amesbury launch. They even give fortune cookies. Maybe yours will say "By returning to Earth, your Richter Recker has left you."

:D :kill:

Originally posted by karatekicker271
Drool, very drool. What are the red pacages??

E9-4, E96, E9-8, and E9P's.

I just took inventory, 187 total motors, and *gasp*, 33 E9's.

That's a lot of E9 Big Bertha launches.;)

Originally posted by cydermaster
"Motors can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no motors!"

:D

Oh yes, I have money, just not enough Aerotech motors. I wish I had built up a BIG stash of them pre-fire.

Originally posted by n3tjm
or you can open your own hobby shop ;).

187 motors for $200? Where did you find those prices?

Naah, only got 82 motors for $200. The rest was old stock added to the new purchase for total inventory.

Originally posted by eugenefl
If this approaching hurricane does any damage I'm done. Time to invest in ziploc baggies and tupperware tubs!

Man, this thing looks like its coming right up the gut of Tampa Bay. Half the area has already evacuted. I am hanging tight, and will store my motors in a water-proof location in the house.

Man, this thing looks like its coming right up the gut of Tampa Bay. Half the area has already evacuted. I am hanging tight, and will store my motors in a water-proof location in the house.

LOL!!!! I just re-read this thread and read your reply. Sheesh man...I know you have it bad!

You know you're a rocketeer when:

A hurricane is approaching and the only certainty is that the motors will survive!

Thats a serious stash of motors!! E9's -> Drooooool!

Edit : Count all the classes of motors -> add all the impulse's together -> find out what the stash equals (motor class ect)

Karl:D

I just got my order from AC; 82 BP rocket motors ranging from mini A's to E9's.
I was out of stock of certain sizes so ordered some more.
I think I already have about 150 motors at home. out of control.

Oh well, at least I will have plenty of motors for the upcoming club launch...

Last spring I stocked up I & got a dozen packs of E9s, two packs of D12s and C11s, and two of those 24 engine A/B/C mixes from Estes. That was about right for the summer.

Of course when I get to Texas, winter won't be a hindrance.

Back