Dog Barf... Where Can I Buy it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccolvin968

Reaction score
Is it something I can find at my local hardware store or do I need to special order it? How much does it cost?
Thanks!

I literally *just* went through this - I had a bale before I moved and opted to trash it rather than bring it. So I need to replace it.

The easiest thing is to go down to your local Lowe's or Home Depot. Don't ask for dog barf unless you want some really funny looks ;) you're looking for "cellulose blow-in insulation". Greenfiber seems to be the only game in town. It'll run $14 or so for a 40 cu.ft. bale. If you're flying a 3 inch rocket, you can probably get 50 launches per cubic foot, so, uh, 40 cuft will last you literally forever (unless you somehow got a job launching rockets. LUCKY @$#!@#$! if you did).

True Value has the best deal but may not have it in stock. My nearest HD/Lowes is 90 minutes away, but there's a TV 15 minutes away and the website will do ship-to-store.
9 bucks, no shipping. Best deal if you don't mind waiting a few days.

https://www.truevalue.com/product/Blow-In-Insulation-Cellulose-40-Sq-Ft-/52301.uts?keyword=cellulose

I'm actually heading out on a work trip,and I launch for my level 1 cert on the 29th two days after I get back.
Thanks for the advice everyone!

BTW, get a pile of it wet one time and you will see why its called "dog barf".....(dog barf sounds better than cat puke I guess) :)

Just give a dog chocolate and its free-

u1UMCg1.jpg

Now that would really protect a chute from getting burned!

Looks like they induced vomiting. Did Fido eat something he wasn't supposed to?

Wouldn't be surprised if that's David's photo.... pretty sure he carries around a camera 24/7 :)

Gnarly dog barf photo! How much chocolate did that dog eat! Yar!

Back to rocketry "dog barf" --- if you are going to a club launch, you can often find it there for free. It really doesn't make sense for every rocketeer to buy a whole bale! But if you do decide to get one, be sure you are getting cellulose insulation, not something else, like fiberglass. It looks like ground up newspaper, not pink fiber, or regurgitated chocolate.

While we are on the subject, hydrogen peroxide works as an emetic for canines. Found that out when one of our dogs ate a pound of raw bacon off the counter. (Un)fortunately, we were too concerned about his health to get any pics or videos. Took two doses to get the bacon back out. I do recall that the end product was white and foamy, as opposed to the brown displayed above...

If you look close, there's two dogs in the photo, guessing it was dueling barf at some point lol

If you look close, there's two dogs in the photo, guessing it was dueling barf at some point lol
Except that if it was dueling barf, the barf-splash would be bidirectional. Looking at the splash pattern, it is all in 1 main direction, so I think it's only 1 dog's barf.

Often if you have two dogs, then whatever is barfed out of one dog ends up inside the second dog.

And now I have to go barf.

Back