Does this rocket look familiar to anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Just browsing Ebay and came across this. Was wondering if any of you might recognize it as a kit from a while back, or maybe it's somebody's scratch-built. Just curious.

Stephen

Don't recognize the rocket.

But this blurb from the seller made me LOL:

>THERE ARE 3 HOLES IN THE BOTTOM WHERE YOU WOULD STICK SOMETHING IN IT TO_FIRE IT UP INTO THE AIR<

Ya think?

well, it isn't any kit that *i'm* familiar with, but...

The engine mount looks like a 24mm with 2 18mm outboards. That would make the body tube very close to the BT80. I wonder if this is a kit bashed V2... (without the tail cone). that or a scratch built, i would guess...

The ebay picture is not very good, and we could probably help you more if they had a better phot of the overall config. But it looks to me like it could be someone's idea of the French Aster surface-to-air missile?

https://www.eurosam.com/blocks/aster.htm

You might also check out the line of kits offered by The Launch Pad. They have a wide range of scale models of military missiles, and I think their kits tend toward the mid-power size. If it is a kit from TLP, and if it is out of production, there may be some info on the kit in EMRR's reviews.

I'm gonna show my ignorance here & admit I wonder if someone was building a Bullpup, either scratch or kit but I'm guessing scratch & decided to alter the front fin configuration. since they were building scratch & not worried about scale no tail cone.
Looking at the nose cone I'd guess he could be about 30yrs off on his date too couldn't he?

Holy smokes. THis is the old NCR archer with a central 29mm and outboard 24mm mounts. NIce rocket. I really love my archer and have flown it many times.

It would be awesome to have the cluster version (mine only has a 29mm mount)

Crud would I like to have this... A guy I know has one of these and it looks sweet on G64s! MAybe I should buy this... I would have an excuse to buy G's.

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
My Archer has a 38mm :D

Um.. yours is a tad bit easier to look at, too - if you don't mind me sayin':)

Stephen

Bushrat,

The Archer was my 1st 4" kit...I sure wish that the original owners of NCR would re-aquire the line and put the 29 and dual 24mm version of the Archer back out...until then, maybe I'll scratch one out. Project number 38 now on back burner...

Back