Does the Gilligans Island prop qualify as a scale project?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Howe

Teknofossil
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This space craft/capsule prop was used in a number of Gilligan's Island episodes and also on another show called "Its About Time".Scorpio3.jpg Scorpio.jpg

This space craft/capsule prop was used in a number of Gilligan's Island episodes and also on another show called "Its About Time".View attachment 383880 View attachment 383879
Both shows are from the fertile mind of Sherwood Schwartz and filmed concurrently so they got a lot of mileage from this particular capsule. We are lucky that it didn't land and the Brady Bunch pile out of it.

Both shows are from the fertile mind of Sherwood Schwartz and filmed concurrently so they got a lot of mileage from this particular capsule. We are lucky that it didn't land and the Brady Bunch pile out of it.

They also appeared to have used it as a Russian,err, sorry, USSR space capsule after removing the rocket pods.aaaae01bef.jpg

All I could find in spacecraft wise in the Twilight Zone was the Cruiser C57 from Forbidden Planet used in the episode "Deathship" and then another episode (that escapes me) with Agnes Moorehead (Bewitched) as a lady being harassed by little spacemen. Death_Ship.jpg6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01a511f3e7cc970c.jpg

All I could find in spacecraft wise in the Twilight Zone was the Cruiser C57 from Forbidden Planet used in the episode "Deathship" and then another episode (that escapes me) with Agnes Moorehead (Bewitched) as a lady being harassed by little spacemen. View attachment 383919View attachment 383920
There were a few with a regular capsule. The one that is like Adam and Eve, with the Earthman landing on a planet where there is one woman. Another one where three astronauts crash land on a planet, and one kills the others to survive, only to discover they actually landed back on earth (served as the inspiration for the ending of Planet of the Apes).

The Adam and Eve one was called "Probe 7, Over and Out." Can't find a picture of the spaceship.

The other one was "I Shot an Arrow into the Air." Same problem, no pic.

The Adam and Eve one was called "Probe 7, Over and Out." Can't find a picture of the spaceship.

"Amateur" . . . LOL !

https://mylifeintheshadowofthetwili...1/episode-spotlight-probe-7-over-and-out.html

Dave F.

2+Ships.jpg

The Outer Limits - Specimen Unknown gettyimages.jpg The Outer Limits Specimen Unknown.jpg
Probe Seven ship on the right looks similar to the crashed space ship in the The Outer Limits episode - "Specimen Unknown" on the left……………….here are some ore pics....look at the damage on the top fin.

Last edited:
Back