Does Composite Warehouse Still Exist?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered some replacement parts from a nonoptimal landing. Took about a week to ship, but was responsive to messenger and got the order in about 10 days.

Because he is speaking to his own personal experiences. I tend to to do the same vs "I know a guy who didn't get his order." Maybe I'm just lucky, I have not had any issues with any orders, knock on wood.
Sure, but pronouncements like that keep this cycle of madness going. Despite all the horror stories, a few people point out that they've been successful so new people keep buying in and running into the same problems others tried to warn them about.

Its a shame that he has done this again …Ponzie scheme is what it is until it catches up to you then your broke and no way to make good on orders.

On a positive note he makes some really great kits, I really like the fitment of the tubes and couplers. His tubes are a bit thicker but yet very durable.

If he ran his business more efficiently and proper he could have done much better.

I feel bad that some of you still order and now its coming full circle on getting burned. If you haven’t been your time will come. I learned early on.

I have one CW kit in build pile, a 4 inch Nike Smoke. I bought it from Chris' Rocket Supplies at GRITS last year. Chris explained the posterior pain he went through to get the kits he had in stock.

CW had a sale on some 3" FG rockets about a year ago, I jumped on it early and had it in a week. If he's got it in stock, you'll probably get it. I think the issue is with custom/non-stocked kits and parts... he just doesn't have the bandwidth to keep up.

Seems like there may be some issues with second- and third-tier suppliers as well.

Still, I don’t find the typically-reported experience encouraging.

Sure, but pronouncements like that keep this cycle of madness going. Despite all the horror stories, a few people point out that they've been successful so new people keep buying in and running into the same problems others tried to warn them about.
Sorry to restate the obvious, but I'm not responsible for someone else's deeds, good, bad or otherwise. I shared the facts of my experiences, nothing more. Nor am I encouraging or discouraging ordering from CW.

Has anyone asked ChatGPT? I don't play with that stuff and don't have an account, but some creative questions could yield creative responses. I thought the glue question from the other thread was interesting and this is basically a glue thread for a manufacturer. . .

Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

Last time I posted about "my experience" with Composite Warehouse I got hammered on. Because I don't want to offend anyone, I'll just say that since then I have placed another order with them and have received it also.

It took me 11 months to get a kit from a Black Friday sale. It had been lost somewhere in their systems, and the only way I was able to progress it was by a telephone call. It was shipped within a week of the call. Email did not work.

Last time I posted about "my experience" with Composite Warehouse I got hammered on. Because I don't want to offend anyone, I'll just say that since then I have placed another order with them and have received it also.
I guess the real question is whether the OP’s question/topic is still the one at hand regardless of thread drift, or whether it’s no longer relevant and we’re once again discussing CW’s many reliability issues.

The answer to that dictates the acceptability of replying with a good experience.

I had used your comment as part of my reason last month to consider an order with Composite Warehouse, with the following result;

I managed to successfully communicate with Composite Warehouse regarding a purchase. We worked out my questions regarding a couple custom ideas (color, nosecone and payload tube), and they seemed OK to work with via e-mail. Placed my order for their Prometheus 6 in early April. On April 21st they sent an invoice for payment, stating the package would be mailed within a few days of receipt of payment. Paid immediately. There WAS some concern on my part when no communication, tracking number, or package came within 2 weeks. I wrote an e-mail about my concerns and the next day received a UPS Tracking Number. Today, a VERY large package was delivered to my home. YAY!
So, my limited experience of 1 rocket might be a good experience.

Cannot open package right now as in the final stages of a 4" build, documented in a thread on this forum.

Exactly, it’s like promoting a criminal as not such a bad guy cause he didn’t break into my house. What’s that really say to all the actual victims?

We’ve only seen the ones that have found this forum and spent the time to recount their experience, all the others who just gave up after 3, 6, 9, 12 months as they just got frustrated we don’t even know about.

Why would a business change their name multiple times? To steer clear of a good reputation? I don’t really think so.

I had used your comment as part of my reason last month to consider an order with Composite Warehouse, with the following result;

I managed to successfully communicate with Composite Warehouse regarding a purchase. We worked out my questions regarding a couple custom ideas (color, nosecone and payload tube), and they seemed OK to work with via e-mail. Placed my order for their Prometheus 6 in early April. On April 21st they sent an invoice for payment, stating the package would be mailed within a few days of receipt of payment. Paid immediately. There WAS some concern on my part when no communication, tracking number, or package came within 2 weeks. I wrote an e-mail about my concerns and the next day received a UPS Tracking Number. Today, a VERY large package was delivered to my home. YAY!
So, my limited experience of 1 rocket might be a good experience.

Cannot open package right now as in the final stages of a 4" build, documented in a thread on this forum.
When you open up that package, Let us know what you think about the contents inside. Would also make for a great build thread too.

I would be happy to do that. It will be a couple of days because of preparations for our club launches on Saturday.
Build thread? Hmmm, that rocket is planned for my L3. So, if a detailed build thread would be acceptable for L3 "documentation", then absolutely, YES, there will be a build thread! Will check with my potential L3 mentors / prefects.

Hmmm, that rocket is planned for my L3. So, if a detailed build thread would be acceptable for L3 "documentation", then absolutely, YES, there will be a build thread!
I did that as part of my L3 doco. Got all the HTML code off the website, stripped all the other rubbish (using an editor) and ended up with an expurgated version that only had my posts in a HTML document.

Last edited:
I did that as part of my L3 doco. Got all the HTML code of the website, stripped all the other rubbish (using an editor) and ended up with an expurgated version that only had my posts in a HTML document.
THANKS! I can do the same. It's a good solution for the requirement regarding "hidden" features, such as internal fillets, centering rings, etc. I will be sure to clear the idea with the L3CC member mentoring my project.

I would be happy to do that. It will be a couple of days because of preparations for our club launches on Saturday.
Build thread? Hmmm, that rocket is planned for my L3. So, if a detailed build thread would be acceptable for L3 "documentation", then absolutely, YES, there will be a build thread! Will check with my potential L3 mentors / prefects.

Definitely worth asking your TAPs. Pretty sure I know of at least one person whose documentation was a build thread.

Obviously, it comes down to their preferences for how they receive the information.

-Kevin

When you open up that package, Let us know what you think about the contents inside. Would also make for a great build thread too.
Opened up the Composite Warehouse package for my Prometheus 6. I appreciated how well everything was protected for shipping! There is not a single scratch or blemish on the external surfaces. Outstanding! The cut ends are nicely square. I did get the Nosecone Coupler stuck in the nosecone in my trial dry-fit. It's partly due to how awesome the fit was on the E-Bay Coupler, with both the Lower and Upper Airframes. I got too aggressive on the nosecone / coupler fit........ The e-bay coupler fit is so good that it's almost like these are "matched" parts. I can easily slide the coupler in, and it spins freely with little effort, like the inner race of a high quality ball bearing. I do not think any shimming (blue tape or scotch tape) will be necessary. I have never seen this precision in any previous rocket kit. But, really should wait until the coupler stuck in the nosecone is resolved. The front set of fins have a small bevel, leaving approximately 1/2 of the fin thickness as square to the wind. I will probably increase the bevel by hand. The rear set of fins have no bevel, being perfectly square with the wind, other than the fin taper. Overall, really happy with the Composite Warehouse product!!!
I already have a strong start on the RocSim file, and have identified and ordered the first 4 motors for what will become a 33 lb (dry weight) rocket.
No feedback yet from my L3 coordinator, but no matter, I will generate a build thread when I get started. It helps me to really focus on the construction details!
This rocket (98mm Motor Mount) could experience some powerful motors. Although I have a Thrust Plate incorporated into the design, I am thinking of running threaded steel rod (3 1/4" x 20 rods), the full length from (and through) the Aft Centering Ring to the most forward Motor Mount Centering Ring. It would require building and epoxing the internal components before insertion into the airframe. Would have to account for the Rail Buttons. If I proceeded in that manner, would probably incorporate Fin Pockets / Dams into the design. Lock Nuts, etc. would be used to trap all the centering rings (5 in total due to the split fins). Would appreciate any comments from experienced large rocket builders in this idea! Is it overkill with the Thrust Plate?

Attachments

• Composite Warehouse Prometheus 6 Fiberglass.jpg
    Composite Warehouse Prometheus 6 Fiberglass.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 1
Have people been getting their orders fulfilled recently? I'm still waiting on stuff from Black Friday 2021 and now that communication with the vendor has died off, I'm at my wits end about what to do about it, short of small claims court route.

Have people been getting their orders fulfilled recently? I'm still waiting on stuff from Black Friday 2021 and now that communication with the vendor has died off, I'm at my wits end about what to do about it, short of small claims court route.
I have a recent, small order for some 75mm and 54mm parts in flight, placed June 16th. Order has not been processed, I have not been advised the order is ready to ship, and the order has not been paid for either.

Currently in holding pattern, will report back any new learnings in the near future.

I would strongly recommend not ordering until you have made email contact.

Back