Does anyone have forsale Estes Pro Series II Mega Der Red Max ????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread, I have ordered from Toby before, always top notch quality and service. It was somehwat difficult to find him before, the web site is great, I just ordered the Cherokee H, only 2 left at the present time. The build pile gets ever larger ...........................:)

For the Cherokees I made about 100. Lost a few to tubes damaged in shipping. Took some tubes for other projects. It's not too difficult to make more. I'll just need to order some tubes. I think I have enough graphics for another small batch.

Is AMW even in business anymore? I wanted to look into their FiberMaxx version, but website has been down for a while, and no responses to email.

-Hans

The site is working for me. https://cart.amwprox.com/

I’m sure I would have heard if they went out of business, so no, I don’t think so. But this is definitely a trying time for vendors, and I bet they are hurting. If you can buy something from them, I’m sure it would help them a lot.

Now I see what's up. The cart.amwprox.com link you gave works fine, but if you you a google search the results come back as invalid.

-Hans

AMW is open. Robert and Gloria headed east to escape the heat in Arizona and since there aren’t many launches going on. I assume they are still fulfilling orders remotely.

https://www.ebay.com/c/1801564267
Prolly not what u want to pay but I saw this while watching a leviathan and partizon...

I'm gonna get them from vander burn rocketry instead. $60 a kit. Not sure if he has a mega red max for sale

MDRM’s are out of stock. Estes is out of nose cones with no date to restock. They removed it from the website. I have all other kits in stock at my website.
Geez, I just went to the Estes website and saw they removed the 4" MDRM nose cone and the 4" body tube. I guess they put the final nail in the MDRM coffin.

Geez, I just went to the Estes website and saw they removed the 4" MDRM nose cone and the 4" body tube. I guess they put the final nail in the MDRM coffin.
Most likely true, now that the 3” DRM is on it’s way. I do wonder if the nostalgia for the PSII builder kits would translate into current sales at the adjusted for inflation MSRPs? Would folks really spend $80-100 on a MPR Estes kit over a kit from LOC, Madcow, NCR, Apogee/Dynastar, etc? Considering the last three PSII builder kits Estes released - Star Orbiter, SBB, and Doorknob - I’d say Estes doesn’t think so.

I would not be surprised either way if Estes completely discontinued stocking 4” nosecones and tubes or if they restocked them.

If there are any in the pipeline, they will probably come back. But I think Estes is mostly about selling motors, and rocket kits are a way to create the market for motors, just like Epson makes money on ink cartridges, and they will almost give to a printer for free so you will buy ink.

If that’s the case, then it might make sense for Estes to drop all 4” parts. There are no Estes BP motors that can fly a 4” rocket, at least not one that uses an MDRM cone or body tube. The 3” rockets like the Estes Doorknob are just about the biggest thing you can fly on a BP motor made by Estes, so I would not be at all surprised if those are the biggest rockets we see from Estes going forward.

I would not be surprised either way if Estes completely discontinued stocking 4” nosecones and tubes or if they restocked them.

If there are any in the pipeline, they will probably come back. But I think Estes is mostly about selling motors, and rocket kits are a way to create the market for motors, just like Epson makes money on ink cartridges, and they will almost give to a printer for free so you will buy ink.

If that’s the case, then it might make sense for Estes to drop all 4” parts. There are no Estes BP motors that can fly a 4” rocket, at least not one that uses an MDRM cone or body tube. The 3” rockets like the Estes Doorknob are just about the biggest thing you can fly on a BP motor made by Estes, so I would not be at all surprised if those are the biggest rockets we see from Estes going forward.
Yes I would have to agree that the upcoming 3” Red Max is the new MDRM, and it is about staying consistent with their motors. Hopefully the new 3” version will have the proper nose cone profile. Maybe another vendor will find a way to offer up the 4” nose cone.

Yes I would have to agree that the upcoming 3” Red Max is the new MDRM, and it is about staying consistent with their motors. Hopefully the new 3” version will have the proper nose cone profile. Maybe another vendor will find a way to offer up the 4” nose cone.
3D printing is most likely the way we’ll see things like 4” DRM nose cones produced - not especially cheap per unit but no big upfront costs for tooling or molds.

How close is the LOC 4in if you round the tip over? I'd bet chopping those off and gluing in a plug would easily get it done.

Naah they were out of stock for a few months before and they restocked, how I got the cone for mine. Send them an email and ask. If not, I have a spare cone, body tube, motor mount and the nice Semroc MDRM upgrade set. I'll send them to you for cost + shipping. There is a bit of figuring out doing it this way but it's pretty simple.

Cheers/ Robert

Naah they were out of stock for a few months before and they restocked, how I got the cone for mine. Send them an email and ask. If not, I have a spare cone, body tube, motor mount and the nice Semroc MDRM upgrade set. I'll send them to you for cost + shipping. There is a bit of figuring out doing it this way but it's pretty simple.

Cheers/ Robert
Thanks for the generosity Robert! I actually just finished a MDRM and ready to go when I can get to a launch. I was looking at ordering some of the other PSII parts and figured that I would just add the 4” nose cone and body tube. I’ll ask them if they plan on restocking.

I’ve got two or three sets of parts (NC & tubes) that I ordered a while back, but I’d prefer to have a 3" version over the 4". If anyone is interested, PM me and we’ll figure out how to get them to you.

Cheers,
Jon

I’ve got two or three sets of parts (NC & tubes) that I ordered a while back, but I’d prefer to have a 3" version over the 4". If anyone is interested, PM me and we’ll figure out how to get them to you.

Cheers,
Jon

cool thanks
Appears everyone is out of the clones and originalles
Vander-Burn Rocketry is out of them also and Estes has no nose cones left

4" Max needs a resurrection. I did my LVL 1 yesterday with my up-scaled Renegade on H135W with an "8" second delay - natural deployment. My delay tool, new in the bag from Aerotech, was set wrong (the bit wasn't at correct length). So the 'R' took off beautifully, went to a 1750' apogee, arced over, and at 10.5 seconds deployed chute in a vertical dive. RIP into the corn. Launch pic in my Renegade thread but check your delay tool with another one or have an HP vendor check it. I wouldn't try and do it yourself - need a fairly precise measurement.
After our vendor checked and fixed my delay tool, MDRM saved the day with an H115DM-6 to 1400' and a usual Red Max perfect flight (trailing smoke and sparks - seemed appropriate). Windy so I flew it with a 30" chute for a not-so-long walk.

4" Max needs a resurrection. I did my LVL 1 yesterday with my up-scaled Renegade on H135W with an "8" second delay - natural deployment. My delay tool, new in the bag from Aerotech, was set wrong (the bit wasn't at correct length). So the 'R' took off beautifully, went to a 1750' apogee, arced over, and at 10.5 seconds deployed chute in a vertical dive. RIP into the corn. Launch pic in my Renegade thread but check your delay tool with another one or have an HP vendor check it. I wouldn't try and do it yourself - need a fairly precise measurement.
After our vendor checked and fixed my delay tool, MDRM saved the day with an H115DM-6 to 1400' and a usual Red Max perfect flight (trailing smoke and sparks - seemed appropriate). Windy so I flew it with a 30" chute for a not-so-long walk.
Good info thank you
So did you get your L1 with the MDRM ?

Yes - MDRM was no problem. The Dark Matter was a great motor, good show.

Cheers / Robert

Congratulations 👍🏻👍🏻

In the high power forum section I started a photo gallery Forum page for all to post there high power cert flight photo for L1-2 or3 if your up for it and have a picture throw one up would love to see it

Estes still sells the nosecone & slotted body tube that was used for DMRM. I picked them up last fall after I saw one fly at a launch. :)

https://estesrockets.com/product/072415-pro-series-ii-4-plastic-nose-cone/

https://estesrockets.com/product/085868-pro-series-ii-4-od-slotted-body-tube/
Estes still sells the nosecone & slotted body tube that was used for DMRM. I picked them up last fall after I saw one fly at a launch. :)

https://estesrockets.com/product/072415-pro-series-ii-4-plastic-nose-cone/

https://estesrockets.com/product/085868-pro-series-ii-4-od-slotted-body-tube/

Not anymore

The LOC 4" Goblin is very close (excluding the fin count) except the nosecone on the LOC Goblin is too short. It appears to be 4 or 5 inches shorter than the Estes MDRM nosecone. It gives the wrong shape over-all. Other than that, its very close. (I have both sitting next to each other)

The Red Max, MDRM, Goblin and others use the BNC/PNC 55AO or an upscale. It is more of an elongated elliptical shape.

Ok word is the 4 inch MDRM style nose cone is on order. The 4 inch body tube is now available. So, that will be cool when the 3 inch version comes out next year.

Back