Does anyone have a 3D printer model for a 29mm to 24mm adapter?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swatkat

Down these mean skies, a kat must fly!
Reaction score
I'd like to print a few for a launch this next weekend. I know Estes sells them, but if someone has a model handy... 5 mins is much better than driving.

I'd like to print a few for a launch this next weekend. I know Estes sells them, but if someone has a model handy... 5 mins is much better than driving.

Could whip something up real quick, about to do some CAD work anyway. Didn't see one on Thingiverse.

What kinda motor you putting in? And what kinda retainer do you have?

Last edited:
Could whip something up real quick, about to do some CAD work anyway. Didn't see one on Thingiverse.

What kinda motor you putting in? And what kinda retainer do you have?

Thanks. Maybe I'm just too lazy. :) I didn't see it on Thingverse or Yeggi either. I did look. THis would be for the Estes PS-II kits. Would like to use the F44-4's and F39 reloads in the 29mm mount. They'd be in the standard Estes PSII retainer kit. I've got a Makerbot Replicator +

Would something like this work? I haven't printed it yet to try it. Since you've got the threaded retainer and the motor has a thrust ring, should work fine.
Definitely use ABS instead of PLA if you have it. I'll try printing it out myself too, see how it fits. I just don't know how big the thrust rings are on those motors.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1963241/#files

LOL yep, that's my attempt. Already see a lot of places I can improve on it, but it's a start to get the dimensions working. Need to maybe put some slots in the side or something to cut down on the print time and weight. I'll print out the bottom half inch or so and test that my 24/40 fits, and that it fits in an estes retainer.

LOL yep, that's my attempt. Already see a lot of places I can improve on it, but it's a start to get the dimensions working. Need to maybe put some slots in the side or something to cut down on the print time and weight. I'll print out the bottom half inch or so and test that my 24/40 fits, and that it fits in an estes retainer.

Gotcha... and I'll set up a print job as well here once I can get through these meetings. Putting slots in the side would greatly decrease weight, good idea.

Almost done, having to do a last couple of tweaks, but very close to good dimensions here. Test fitting with both Aerotech and CTI 24mm casings. Actually coming out pretty slick.

May do a couple more designs for Estes BP motors as well, as they don't have thrust rings.

Shortened the overall length too to fit the 70mm length of the 24/40 case. Can still use just fine with the 24/60 or other longer 24mm's.

-Hans

Last edited:
I have this vision of a bunker under your house, filled with thousands of F44s. ;)

That's actually not far from the truth, but it's a storage locker. BTW, my next order of F44's is backordered until Aerotech can make some more. :) Apparently that is in January. :) Last count I was down to 24 of them.

Almost done, having to do a last couple of tweaks, but very close to good dimensions here. Test fitting with both Aerotech and CTI 24mm casings. Actually coming out pretty slick.

May do a couple more designs for Estes BP motors as well, as they don't have thrust rings.

Shortened the overall length too to fit the 70mm length of the 24/40 case. Can still use just fine with the 24/60 or other longer 24mm's.

-Hans

I printed the full one out too and it works well on both the F44 SU and the 24/40. Thanks a ton. I don't own a 24/60, but I've got some F32's I can try in there, they are 95mm.
Thanks again!!

Back