Does anybody else have this problem?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
I've got three rockets in various stages of completion. I've got two more on the drawing board. A godzillion ideas percolating in the brain pan. Then I sign up here and get another godzillion inspirations.

MAKE IT STOP!!!! I'll never get anything finished!

Welcome to the Forum!!

Why would you want it to stop? This sounds like most of the people here. :D

Keep the ideas coming and, as you'll learn, keep the pics coming!!!!

yeah I have the same problem. For me it comes and goes...right now it is peaked and I am about to order a bunch of rockets.

I dont want it to stop...I love it!!!

"make it stop"?? NEVER! :D

Welcome to the forum
Welcome (back?) to rocketry
Welcome to the world of hobbies

today is the first day of the rest of your rocketry life...

...git used to it :D :D

Let's see, right now, for some reason I'm working on 2's. An Estes 2.6" V2 rebuild, a Blackhawk R&D SA-2, and a scratch built Black Brant II. Setting in the waiting line is a Saturn V, 4" V2, 29mm Fat Boy, clustered Gemini DC, Orbital Transport, Stormcaster, clustered and staged SM-3 Seahawk, Menace, Mercury Redstone, and not to mention what I get from the Hobby Lobby half off sale this week. So, to answer the original question, I don't think I have that problem :)

I have the same problem. Let's see....

Building stages:

Scratchbuild Dexscape ( 3 13mm cluster GOONYBIRD)
Fliskits GRISSOM
Scratch: Lone Star Rider Ghostship
ESTES 2.6" V2 Blossom conversion
Scratch NATIV scale model

Fin filling stages:

scratch ELT 13mm clusted 2-stage
scratch A5
MPC Pioneer 1 restoration.
ASTRON Streak restoration
maxi Ranger 2.6" (triple D cluster)

Painting Stages:

Maxi Big Bertha
Little Joe 1 13mm quad cluster (love thos clustered 13mms!!)
Red Max
Boosted (2 stage) Alpha

Unbuilt kits: Over 100, and more coming!!

Get out the credit card, clean out the basement, then hang on!!!!!

Originally posted by astronboy
Get out the credit card, clean out the basement, then hang on!!!!!

This may be the best bit of advice yet!

I've got three rockets in the building stage, two in the finishing stage and one in painting, and about a dozen ideas for new rockets that I feel compelled to start NOW!!! This makes me a light-weight.

Just to make myself feel better about getting some rockets finished, I bought an Estes Gnome the other day. Flight ready in under an hour. :)

Estes E2X and Quest QuickKits are my therapy when my birds aren't coming off the assembly line fast enough. They make nice cheap rockets (in dollars and hours invested) to send up first as wind testers, too.

On another aside, they're very nice kits for building with my four-year-old daughter. She can dry fit the components together immediately and zoom it around the room. She loves that.

Welcome to the hobby!

Will Scarvie

Yeah my list is a little like Astronboys:D there just all Scratch builds.. I think I have over a hundred kits..but I haven't built a rocket kit in years.. PMC out the WAZOO, and Odd-Rocs in various stages of completion.
SOOOOO... Many Rocket.....SOOO little time:D
Yea just put your head down and keep buildin', you Know Fly em away We'll build more:) But thats what I need to do...I"M RUNNING out of Storage room!!!
Heres a composite of Yea Ol'e Rocket Shop:) See there everywhere!

Originally posted by Micromister
Heres a composite of Yea Ol'e Rocket Shop:) See there everywhere!

Holy smokes!

I'm _not_ a lightweight. Compared to Micromister I'm positively weightless. :D

Thanks for sharing,

Will Scarvie

A I thought I was the only one!!! Everyday I consider not going to work, so I can build rockets. Then I realize my job is the only way I can afford them. Right now I am about ready to spend around $2000. I want to buy a enclosed trailer, so I can carry more rockets to our launches!!!!!!!!

Randy

Originally posted by n3tjm
:-D

My problem is I got kits to build, but no place to build em :(

I would post pics of my rocket work shop, but everybody knows what a kitchen looks like. We live in a mobile home, and have a pretty good size bedroom. Last spring, I took a vacation, and added a couple of closets, specifically for my rocket goodies. Guess what!? They are full already!! I've actually thought about buying one of those small used office trailers, like construction companies use on site, and using that exclusively for my hobby stuff.

He he.... I've slacked off somewhat

1 rebuild going
3 upscale projects
plus the 4" little joe 2 continues
I'm midpowering an estes Phoenix
final repainting and redecaling on Sandmans Intercepter kit
annother 2.6 V2
Yank Bro's Javelin
halfway thru my level 2 spool rocket
just started an Estes Gemini Titan clone

..........and than today, I got my Astro X Black Zombie 1b kit
so that throws everything off..(really cool kit!)

.... tomorrow I'm hitting 2 Hobby Lobbys..so that will probably further change my process.....

I love it!!

thanks, everybody! This forum seems quite friendly and receptive.

My workspace is the top of a dresser in the Vertical and Horizontal Assembly Room which doubles as a guest room. :D

Currently finishing up an Alway Vostok (even toted a strap-on booster and can of paint to work today...), a Custom Elite egglofter that's waiting for me to make decals, and a Little John clone waiting for paint. Also, constructing a Wombat B/G (plans from JimZ).

Have parts for an Alway Saturn IV, Estes V2, and a ring-fin rocket. Keep vacillating on building an Orbital Transport.

Ultimately, I want to build an A9/A10... but then, I found plans for the GeoSat LV... and thought, wouldn't it be cool to make the dummy strap-ons into real live boosters, and then I could put a fantasy scale Gemini MOL atop, or a Dyna-Soar, or simply a hen grenade....

I'm now glad to know others suffer from this affliction.

:D Well heck, might as well add my 2 cents worth. hehe Looks like a bunch of us are in the same boat. I get started on something, then have another idea that must be tried, then......
My Funnel rocket just needs final painting.
Then Mr Ping only needs some decals but probably won't happen.
I have a DW that needs repair,
I have a DW I just started building,
Then also I have a 4 motor version of a DW started.
Oh, and one of Fliskits free paper rockets started.
I have a SR-72 that needs finishing.
Oh yes, I've got my FatBoy to finish too.
Then today at work I got another Odd-Roc idea that I can't get out of my head, a MMX size peanut!

Hmm, seems like a bunch of us have this silly problem, aint it great. Oh tomorrow I'll buy some peanuts and see if its doable. hehe

:D :D :D
CrashinJ

ok, guys, see?? SEE???

out of 9 active projects that crashinj has in the works, FOUR of them are FlisKits or FlisKits related.

now THAT'S what I call a good mix

:D :D :D :D :D

Hi All:

I'm getting the feeling I'm not the only one where life gets in the
way of my hobby...

16 Rocketry Projects (3 HPR)
5 Radio Control Aircraft
6 Control Line Airplanes
1 Amateur Radio Ham Station and 50 foot antenna... VE4BDF
15 Free Flight airplane projects.
Range Safety Officer for our HPR launches.
Contest Director for the upcomming Rocketry Contest (Prairie Tornado 2003)

My shop is pretty full of cool stuff, I can hang in here for hours... days, weeks, untill I have to go to work the next day...

I'm never without something to work on... I can't get my brain to shut off... Design/build Rockets and Airplanes is what I have allways done most of all of my creative years....

It got so bad I ended up becomming a commercial pilot for my living. 20 years now and 5000 hours in the air...

It's all just a party...

Anyway, Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone, it took me back alot of years and I was happy to see that I'm with a band of "rocketry brothers"

Cheers

Bruce Feaver

November Three Tango Juliette Mike

This is

Victor Echo Three Bravo Delta Foxtrot...

QSL?

Hi:

It's neat that there is another radio guy on this forum...

We use some Two Meter radio work in rocketry for tracking and sometimes for range work during contestes as a couple of the other guys are ham radio operators as well...

Anyway... to stay on topic...

I'm new to this forum and use all of my hobbies together for rocketry work... It's a hobby that integrates well with other diciplines...

Glad to have your Contact...

73's

Bruce Feaver VE4BDF
Sundance120

There are several ham radio operators on this forum... ie: CTulanko. Don't remember his call though....

Maybe we should have a net!

Greylens:
the Geo-sat HLV and the Deep Space Transport are both fantistic Clustered models! I fly both on 3 C6-5's exceedingly Quick off the pad. Here's a very fuzzy liftoff of the Deep Space Transport.

I picked up this kit just for this purpose: to cluster it. I have also obtained a 'Maxi Brute' HJ nosecone to do an upscale.... say triple D12-5s or 2 D12-0s and an E9?

AstronBoy!
If your gonna be using BT-80 for the upscale main body anyway, A Cluster of 3 D12's in the core and 1 D12 in each booster will max you out on propellant... Well for LMR's anyway:D It's a very nice 5D cluster that should end up lighter than my 5D clustered Brighthawk:) That'll Move!!!

I was actually thinking that 5 may be too much. Perhaps 2 Ds in the core, and 2 outboards....

I would like to get the model back!!

:D I tried to reply last nite but a thunderstorm must have taken the ISP down, could not get online.

Was going to say not only rockets going on here but also RC, I fly parkfliers and always one or two under construction!:)

Then last weekend I took my G5RV down and managed to get up a 80m dipole. Next will come my 6 & 2m quad soon as I can afford it after I buy a HT. But this weekend the old 6m beam should go back up.

I didn't post anyof that before cause I figured it was off-object. But what the heck.

Oh yes, de NR5A

CrashinJ

:D

Back