Do you want spam with that?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavRedf

Reaction score
Received from ZDNet.

There is no sign of relief for companies already overwhelmed by the sheer volume of unsolicited and unwanted e-mail messages clogging their mail systems. E-mail security firm MessageLabs' filtering statistics for April, which were published on Monday, show that 67.6 percent of all global e-mail traffic is spam.

In my case its more like 99.99%.
I think its about time that ISP mail clients should filter Email, we pay enough for the service so why pay for a seperate spam filter.

Your thoughts.

If you set up "Rules" in Outlook or Outlook Express, you can be relatively free of the stuff. I set it to send any mail with certain words in the subject or body of the message straight to the deleted file, and marked as read. I rarely see any spam, so I don't really know how much I get.

I'm not exadurating when I say that I get approx 400 e-mails a day, of which 375 are spam. My ISP (Freeserve) has just introduced a spam filter and it is VERY effective. I couldn't wait for the ISP to bring in filtering (especially with the amount of spam I get), so I installed a freeware Bayesian filter plug-in for my e-mail client (The Bat!). This works a treat - never wrongly tags a non-spam, and kills all the junk. This plug-in is now part of the standard The Bat! instalation, its that good!

The advice I give people who ask me about spam filtering, is to get a Bayesian filter for your e-mail client - either a plug-in/add-on, or as a proxy.

Spam is the scurge of t'internet. :mad:

Spam is the scurge of t'internet. :mad:

Got that right!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I get more of it than I know what to deal with and it really p!$$es me off too.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I even wonder how half those idiots even get your email address cause I sure as he!! didn't give it to them.:mad: :mad: :kill:

Back