Do you want some popcorn?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketlaw

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just figured that since I can no longer use this symbol: :pop: for its intended purpose because of the backlash it causes, I might as well create a thread just for it.

Long Live The Popcorn

:pop::pop::pop:

Hey folks,

I just figured that since I can no longer use this symbol: :pop: for its intended purpose because of the backlash it causes, I might as well create a thread just for it.

Long Live The Popcorn

:pop::clap::neener::roll:

I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Hey folks,

Long Live The Popcorn

Wow really? The symbol can be used for all sorts of purposes such as im going to watch a good movie or Im watching some great launches or whatever. Feel free to use it anytime:) As a matter of fact what I was objecting to was the manner it was used.

:pop::clap::neener::roll:
Guys is this really the best you can do? Is this an attempt to start an arguement? How is this helping promote the hobby or better the board? You guys must have a better use for your time than this?
Cheers
fred

Wow really? The symbol can be used for all sorts of purposes such as im going to watch a good movie or Im watching some great launches or whatever. Feel free to use it anytime:) As a matter of fact what I was objecting to was the manner it was used.

For as long as I've been on the web based forums (and I'm fairly old at this point), that emoticon has simply meant "I'm going to sit back and be entertained by watching this thread and the endless exchange of posts with opposing views".

It is simply like eating popcorn at a movie theater (or theatre) - you do not participate in the movie and you only sit and eat in front of a movie you are watching.

I would not read anyting else into it.

Last edited:
The voices I keep hearing always mention something about chicken-fried steak... :cyclops:

N

Since before your sun burned hot in space, that emoticon has simply meant "I'm going to sit back and be entertained by watching this thread and the endless exchange of posts with opposing views".

It is simply like eating popcorn at a movie theater (or theatre) - you do not participate in the movie and you only sit and eat in front of a movie you are watching.

I would not read anyting else into it, regardless of what those voices you are hearing are telling you. :rolleyes:;)

Exactly, that's how I always interpret it, and what I use it for. Sort of like I'm sitting here watching, but wish not to comment.

Since before your sun burned hot in space, that emoticon has simply meant "I'm going to sit back and be entertained by watching this thread and the endless exchange of posts with opposing views".

I would not read anyting else into it, regardless of what those voices you are hearing are telling you. :rolleyes:;)

Fred I cant agree with what you are saying as I belive others use it differently. Unlike Nick a marinated ribeye is I keep smelling and hearing :)
Cheers
Fred

Exactly, that's how I always interpret it, and what I use it for. Sort of like I'm sitting here watching, but wish not to comment.

Why would you need to call attention to your presence with a post if you are just reading a thread?

To me it says, "I enjoy conflict". Or, "I'll let someone else call 911..."

To me it says, "I enjoy conflict". Or, "I'll let someone else call 911..."

I never interpreted it like that.

I eat popcorn when I'm watching a movie. Any kind of movie. Comedy. Romance. Action. Historical documentary.

If the emoticon was meant to convey "I enjoy conflict", then why would it be available for use on this forum? It's use would be an immediate reason for an infraction if it was intended to meant that. That does not make any sense to me.

If that's the case, then all the violent emoticons must go. There's the one where the smiley face is shooting guns, there is the one where one is hitting another with a frying pan. And there is the drinking/toasting one - certainly illegal for those who are under the legal drinking age limit.

Perhaps we need a tank of manatees who can select our emoticons for us? (A humorous reference to "Cartoon Wars part II")

Fred I like manatees :) I would suggest context and useage suggest meaning. For example a hammer hanging on a wall is a tool waiting to be used whereas one being held over your head by an angry person is a weapon. Same hammer but context changes things.
Cheers
fred

Fred I like manatees :) I would suggest context and useage suggest meaning. For example a hammer hanging on a wall is a tool waiting to be used whereas one being held over your head by an angry person is a weapon. Same hammer but context changes things.
Cheers
fred

Kinda like this

:) :bangpan:
or
:mad: :bangpan:

...If that's the case, then all the violent emoticons must go. There's the one where the smiley face is shooting guns, there is the one where one is hitting another with a frying pan...

I hate emoticons anyway, so I am all for that.

"No Small Animals Were Harmed With The Making Of Thead"

Unlike PETA that "euthanizes" the vast majority of animals given to their care.

A most hypocritical organization if ever there was one.:rolleyes:

My concern was for the popcorn meeting a masticating end.

My concern was for the popcorn meeting a masticating end.

And that's after being treated to hot oil, hot air, steam and/or microwaves to induce them to burst forth with their white goodness only to be greased and chemically enhanced for flavour(butter and salt)

Come to think of it, there's a bag of Orville Ridenbacker in the cupboard whispering my name;)

I'm eating animal crackers as I read this. :pop: The camels are my favorite.

....do you bite their heads off first, too?:cyclops:

No, first I stick the legs in a leghold trap that I like to keep loaded on my desk. (Makes life more exciting.) Then I eat the feets and taunt the remains mercilessly. Good times.:clap:

Back