Do you have a special tribute rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRS Hobbies

Reaction score
My Dad’s personal favorite rocket was the Estes Executioner painted all silver with the Executioner decal. I wouldn’t say that it was one of his best builds, but he couldn’t wait to show anyone who was around the house or at the launch site.

Since he passed away, I like to launch the rocket with my brothers as a tribute to my Dad. It’s pretty cool seeing the rocket in the air and thinking about all the good memories.

How about you, do you have a rocket that you launch as a tribute to someone or something?

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
I have an Estes Pro Series Impulse that my father and I built together shortly after I got into the hobby.

This rocket is a 2x 24mm cluster rocket that was part of the Estes Pro Series from 1994-1996 IIRC.

It also included the Jayhawk, Terrier/Sandhawk, the 3 x 24mm Maxi Force and the 4x 24mm Patriot.

I've love to see Estes resume production of these kits someday.

Since my father passed away about a year and a half ago, I plan to dedicate the next flight of it to him and I'd love to attempt the flight on the new AT E20-7W motors.

My wife, Bracha, and I built and flew the "Animal Rocket" as a tribute to Paul Robinson of AMW.

2009-11-15-0470.JPG

We flew it at NEFAR's Bunnell Blast on an AMW ProX G106 Skidmark.

2009-11-15-0588.JPG

-- Roger

It's not exactly a tribute rocket, but I put this in the silk screen of the PC board I designed for my rocketborne GPS transmitter:

100_2571.jpg

It's for my father, who was an EE at Johnson Controls for 40 years.

I am working on one now, for my Mom, who always supported my hobby, and who passed away on Feb. 3rd.

I plan on flying it at NERRF 6 this year, with my brother and his son in attendance.

Back