DO NOT BUY FROM LAUNCH PAD!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Launch Pad is no longer in the business of rocketry, they have made a smooth transition to fraud and conspiracy. You can still place orders on their website and they'll still take your money, they just won't send anything to you. I learned the hard way when I paid them $700 8 weeks ago. It has become apparent to me that they no longer exist, or at least no longer deliver what you pay for. Buyer be ware. I am in the process of filing criminal and civil charges against them, I am an attorney in NJ. Please PM me (and post here for others to see) if you have also had trouble, I am not billing for time or looking to collect anything more than I'm owed, but the more complainants the better and I'm happy to help you.

-Dan

Launch Pad is no longer in the business of rocketry, they have made a smooth transition to fraud and conspiracy. You can still place orders on their website and they'll still take your money, they just won't send anything to you. I learned the hard way when I paid them $700 8 weeks ago. It has become apparent to me that they no longer exist, or at least no longer deliver what you pay for. Buyer be ware. I am in the process of filing criminal and civil charges against them, I am an attorney in NJ. Please PM me (and post here for others to see) if you have also had trouble, I am not billing for time or looking to collect anything more than I'm owed, but the more complainants the better and I'm happy to help you.

-Dan

Hold on, I'm pretty sure that the owner is having some health issues, So I'm not sure what's going on now.
Thanks,

Just out of curiosity, since you've become and attorney, how many complaints / lawsuits have you filed on your own behalf?

And, oh, by the way, in the other thread, you said it was $600. For the record, which figure is correct?

posted yesterday,May 24, 2017, by you,DannyB

"I paid them $600 6 weeks ago for a dozen rockets. '
do you remember that stating that?

less than 24 hours later its $700 and 8 weeks ago.

Danny, i can understand the frustration, but it might be wise to put your guns back in the holster for a bit. the owner has had some health issues that caused a halt in production.why not work with who you made payment through, then leave the man alone?
this world has enough of sue happy people and lawyers.
seriously, criminal and civil suits against someone that makes rocket kits? do you have any idea how much money you WONT get?
PLEASE!! let it gooo and show the us not all attorneys are assclowns.

posted yesterday,May 24, 2017, by you,DannyB

"I paid them $600 6 weeks ago for a dozen rockets. '
do you remember that stating that?

less than 24 hours later its $700 and 8 weeks ago.

Danny, i can understand the frustration, but it might be wise to put your guns back in the holster for a bit. the owner has had some health issues that caused a halt in production.why not work with who you made payment through, then leave the man alone?
this world has enough of sue happy people and lawyers.
seriously, criminal and civil suits against someone that makes rocket kits? do you have any idea how much money you WONT get?
PLEASE!! let it gooo and show the us not all attorneys are assclowns.

+++++++++++++++++++++++1! :)
Thanks,

Dude, decaf. I get you are upset, you didn't realize that they were effectively shut down, and the website is still active, which sucks. However, it appears that you must pay through Paypal from TLP, so you will have little more than a couple emails with Paypal to get your money refunded. I also suspect that the TLP Paypal account won't go much further without getting frozen, so not many more (if any) people are going to fall in the same hole you did.

So, yeah, it sucks you have to go through the inconvenience of going through a Paypal dispute, but you have two real options.

1) Go through the dispute, which is relatively painless from my experience.

2) Go to the time and effort to file all of these legal proceedings thereby kicking the crap out of someone who is by all accounts is very down.

If you wish to have any success as an attorney, you will need to understand the importance of:
1) keeping your numbers straight ($600 or $700)
2) grammar
3) spelling
4) tact

Ok, now you can sue me.

That's unfortunate that he's having health issues but he should not be collecting money then. I feel for the gentleman but I know of several other folks who are in the same boat as me and it's not right. Sure, he doesn't deserve to be sued if he's having health issues but how does one find that out when he's unresponsive. For the record, my bill was $600 plus $67 shipping, so call it what you want. Newhpr, I'm assuming your unemployed or unemployable with nothing else to do other than go on forums and bully people. Do you harass your people over typos in texts too? This is a forum written from my phone, not a reasearch thesis. I retired a long time ago and all I do now is provide IP legal services entirely free of charge, as many in the community can vouch for who have received patents through my firm. All I did here was offer to help any one else who got ripped off, and I specifically stated that I do not charge for anything, so please do not group me with money hungry sue happy crooked attorneys when all I was looking to do is help, which is what I've gotten from TRF and is what I thought it is about.

-Dan

Danny, many folks here live in their moms basement. They cannot give it a rest. Info is what you do with it. Thanks for the info... Keep flying, and always have fun! Tim Thomas L3

I personally like to cut some slack to small businesses who have supported our hobby for over 20 years. Getting a refund thru the payment method would be best in my book. If then give him a bit more time. This is not the first time he's had an outage but don't remember if the people in your boat at the time got 100% satisfaction. That being said, lawyer involvement is not always the nuclear option. In my personal experience a letter on an attorney's letterhead can nudge things loose at no expense to the party receiving said letter. (unless you consider settling what they owe an 'extra' expense.)

Sorry I jumped the gun and poked you a bit. I wouldn't say I "bully people", but when someone wants to sue rather than pursue a refund through Paypal and issue a warning about a vendor, a spark is lit.

Unemployed or unemployable? That's quite an extrapolation from my comments. I've been employed for ~28 years now as an Electrical/Software Engineer for some major tech companies and government projects, and I'm trying to plan an early retirement once my kids are out of school. Maybe go fly more rockets! I guess you see my post and make assumptions, just like I hear "sue" and think money-grubbing lawyer.

No harm, no foul. Just cut the Launch Pad guy some slack, pursue your refund, and gently warn others. Not much else you can do.
-Ken

I think with a lot of these one-man-shows, when the proprietor is unable to continue the websites just sit there and accept orders like a broken vending machine.

The very best thing to do is work w/ payment service and/or credit card to get the charges fixed. If enough folks do that, one would hope the payment portion will eventually be disconnected by the processing service.

Look I understand where Danny is coming from and I would be pissed off too, but if the owner whom I hope has a speedy recovery, would make a notation on his website that he is down due to health conditions and explain the orders would be post pond or better yet don't take the orders to begin with.

I feel a lot of this wouldn't be happening. Lack of communication is what the problem is.

but if the owner whom I hope has a speedy recovery, would make a notation on his website that he is down due to health conditions and explain the orders would be post pond or better yet don't take the orders to begin with.

Agreed. This a common theme in this forum. Rocketry does seem to have a lot of one-man operations who suffer health problems. They (or an advocate) need to shut down the website when things turn for the worse.

Agreed. This a common theme in this forum. Rocketry does seem to have a lot of one-man operations who suffer health problems. They (or an advocate) need to shut down the website when things turn for the worse.
I think that latter portion is an important lesson for any business, hobbyscale or not: have a trusted ally who can, if necessary, turn out the lights and put up a sign.

Another common theme would be the excessive number of idiots that would spend $500 or $1000 on rocket crap, wait around rubbing their posteriors for months...then whine like a cat in heat about how miss-treated they are and how their tender feelings are now hurt.

Use your PayPal for what it is...45 day protection. 30 days goes by, can't contact..getting my refund brother, done it many times for internet orders of all kinds.

You'll have to excuse my lack of respect for those of you sympathize with idiots, but The Launch Pad invented the genre we now call Mid Power, PlanPaks etc. They are one of the blocks rocketry stands upon!

A fantastic person that for years has donated HUNDREDS of kits and free kit vouchers for rocket launches all across this country and spent no doubt thousands of hours helping others. I know because he donated them to our club(s) many times, many launches.

Just post it once and let it go, get your money back and then buzz off!!

Jamey #5295

Another common theme would be the excessive number of idiots that would spend $500 or $1000 on rocket crap, wait around rubbing their posteriors for months...then whine like a cat in heat about how miss-treated they are and how their tender feelings are now hurt.

You sir owe me a new keyboard for the coffee I just spewed laughing so hard! :cheers:

That is a lot of cash and I hope you do get it back. People, if you were in his shoes I am sure you would be upset. I can't bash a guy for supporting a vendor with a big purchase and getting frustrated for no return. I feel for the vendor at the same time. Life can throw some curve balls. Sounds like a decent person. Just a crappy situation. Hope it resolves itself on both the buyer and seller ends. I have yet to build a LP rocket but definitely have plans to.

There is quite a lot of difference between expressing frustration at a vendor and offering a warning, and beating the lawsuit war drums without even trying to go through the Paypal or credit card arbitration process.

Got wrapped up with a order in Red Arrow Hobbies as they were colapsing and while frustrating, it was resolved in a couple weeks with a call to Paypal.

That is a lot of cash and I hope you do get it back. People, if you were in his shoes I am sure you would be upset. I can't bash a guy for supporting a vendor with a big purchase and getting frustrated for no return. I feel for the vendor at the same time. Life can throw some curve balls. Sounds like a decent person. Just a crappy situation. Hope it resolves itself on both the buyer and seller ends. I have yet to build a LP rocket but definitely have plans to.

Back