Do a lot of people build their own engines?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tripoli does have rules concerning what type of research motor can be flown at their sanctioned launches and who can fly those motors. Those rules have nothing to do with making the motors and everything to do about the insurance at a sanctioned launch.
And I fully appreciate and agree with the rationale. And wholeheartedly support it.

But I'm just pointing out that there are additional avenues to expanding the rocketry sport, legal though not club-compliant. Definitely not criticizing NAR or Tripoli--quite the opposite, actually.

Funny enough, whereas recreating an Estes BP motor is technically simple, the learning process that goes into manufacturing and QC'ing BP and delays is usually a lot more challenging to most at first. So much that "What's wrong with my BP" is generally the topic of the most oft-duplicated threads in fireworking forums worldwide--similar to the "best glue?" threads in straight NAR model rocketry forums :=}

But, thanks to Tessica Brown, we all now know that Gorilla Spray Adhesive has been conclusively demonstrated to be the absolute BEST GLUE ever, for everything including filling your pockets with others' cash !!!

Peace, my friend. Not trying to start crap here. Now would somebody please chime in with their opinions on basswood/ply selection for bulkheads and baffles that I started in the Scratch Built forum?

Back