Disturbing actions: prepper billionaires

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Economic collapse is imminent. SHTF by Spring 2023.

Something I've been curious about: What do the preppers do when the catastrophe they're prepping for never comes? Shockie's prediction isn't the only one to fail by far. The end of times have been predicted since people have been walking the Earth. Predicted by people that died of natural causes thousands of years ago and yet we're all still here.

All that money spent for what ends up being nothing. I would assume the billionaires will just write off the expenses as a loss to whatever shell LLC they used to build their desert bunkers. But most rich people I know really hate wasting money. Maybe they got to impress the other prepper billionaires for a few years.

At the end of they day, they all got suckered by the modern day equivalent of this guy:
1685810704809.png

Something I've been curious about: What do the preppers do when the catastrophe they're prepping for never comes?
The end keeps coming, it's just 5 years away, like cheap fusion power. Remember 2012 because that's when the Mayan calendar ended, so *of course* the Earth was supposed to stop spinning that year? What the preppers don't know is that the world already ended several times already, and perhaps maybe we're all dead and living in hell. I mean, sometimes it feels like hell, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Want a true gag post-apocalypse story? Read "Lot" and "Lot's Daughter" by Ward Moore.
From the 50's and still a bit of a shock if you haven't read it before.
Draw your own conclusions.

I do think the tech Billionaires are preparing to hide from the lamp post.

I'd like to have a dollar for every person that has given a date as to when it's going to end, as I'd be a billionaire myself.

Back