Distant Thunder Argonia Nov 2012

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chud

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the Kloudbusters launch Distant Thunder this November. Is there any registration info and can a LVL 2 cert flight attempt be made at this launch? Thanks in advance.

L2 already? Same rocket or did you build another one? I'm going as well.

I have a couple of questions about the Kloudbusters launch Distant Thunder this November. Is there any registration info and can a LVL 2 cert flight attempt be made at this launch? Thanks in advance.

It is a different rocket. LOL....funny you say already....right after my successful L1 flight...I was asked several times...going for your LVL2 now?...lol
I may be ready...may not. I do have a friend that might be wanting to try a LVL 1 cert flight attempt....just wondering.

Distant Thunder 2012
November 10-11, 2012

Launch fees are FREE for Kloudbusters members, $10 for non-members. All registrations are handled on-site (nothing in advance).

Distant Thunder 2012 is a two-day launch and will be conducted under TRA Research Safety code, so all adult flyers must be TRA members. There will be a Model Rocket area set-up for the youth and leaders. Access to the HPR range is limited to TRA members and those under 18 years of age must have TMP qualification.

Certifications are available at all KloudBusters launches from the prefect or any L3 TAP or TRA Board member in attendance.

Thanks, --Lance.

Last edited:
Thank you sir.
You're welcome!

Distant Thunder is a really fun launch, IMO. We typically get a couple or three scout troops out and their energy is ... well ... energetic. :)

Weather is typically pretty good and the fields are pristine. I've heard some rumblings of some really nice projects coming out this year, too, so it should be fun.

I'll post the waiver times soon. The days are getting short and will be getting dark much earlier by Distant Thunder. Gotta think about that one a bit.

--Lance.

Back