• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dimensional Drawings of U Bolts and Cable Anchor Bolts from McMaster Carr

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here in China, I can't access their website's dimensional drawings...

I'm looking to sim some U bolts (various sizes but primarily 1/4" shafts and smaller)

Oh, and I need the nuts too.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
Jim, why sim them? Being internal component they only really matter as a mass, and that you have enough room for them in the rocket.

Jim, why sim them? Being internal component they only really matter as a mass, and that you have enough room for them in the rocket.

I've gone nuts, and want to sim them... I don't have a rocket to build, and I need something to keep my mind occupied.

Besides, I think they'd look neat... kind of like my eyebolts and wing nuts.

Last edited:
If you can tell me more, I can probably grab the McMaster-Carr models/drawings for you. PM me and maybe I can help.

I can't specify, I'm just looking for some U bolts like what people would use with a 2.5" and larger MPR/HPR

And posting the pics in the thread would work for me.

Oh, I guess in all my trips over there I've never tried to get on their site, wouldn't have thought it was blocked though. Bummer.

Well I've attached a screenshot of the one I linked. I think its the one I'm using on my Hyperloc. Pretty typical for 4" birds.

Cheers,

BC

McMasterCarrCapture.JPG

Oh, I guess in all my trips over there I've never tried to get on their site, wouldn't have thought it was blocked though. Bummer.

Well I've attached a screenshot of the one I linked. I think its the one I'm using on my Hyperloc. Pretty typical for 4" birds.

Cheers,

BC

View attachment 295265

Thanks for the image. I'll be able to use that.

Here's what they emailed me a few days ago when I tried to reach them...

McMaster-Carr <[email protected]> Jun 21 (7 days ago)
to me

Hi K'Tesh,

I apologize that you have been restricted from our website, but due to the cost of complying with extensive US export regulations, McMaster-Carr limits access to our website and accepts international purchases only from our established international customers.

Mike

Despite my protest that I was only looking for information, I have yet to hear back from them since then.

Last edited:
Spoof your IP? Proxies? TOR workaround bridges and Meek Transports bypass the great firewall of china as well.

Back