Dilemma

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How should I handle the BRC poll results?

• Option 1 in my post

• Option 2 in my post

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Well, the voting is closed for the June Best Rocket Competition(BRC) and I have a dilemma..I had to break down the voting into two polls as there were 13 entries and polls only allow 7 options..And yeah as you can see it is a poll about a poll on what to do with the results of the polls...Confused?..LOL..

Well, there are two possible propositions that I can think of:

1) Award the top prize to the overall top vote getter. Which would be Rocketjunkie with 13 votes. The two top vote getter's in the other poll garnered 8 votes apiece.

2) Have a 3 way run off as one poll had a tie?

Vote and let your opinion be heard...

Personally, I am more inclined to think that option 1 above is the best way to go..Voting will only be open til tomorrow morning, then I will make my decision.

Thanks
Confused:confused2: Jon

My first reaction to this, is how many voted twice? That is, how many voted in poll #1, then went ahead and voted in poll #2?

Were the contenders grouped in any specific way? Was there a method to separated the candidates, and group like rockets together? Curious to know if that might make a differnce in the future...

My first reaction to this, is how many voted twice? That is, how many voted in poll #1, then went ahead and voted in poll #2?

Were the contenders grouped in any specific way? Was there a method to separated the candidates, and group like rockets together? Curious to know if that might make a differnce in the future...
I expect most voted in both polls. I was disappointed at the number of votes, only 30 or so in each poll.
According to Pantherjon's post, they are in the order received, first 7 in poll 1 and the rest in poll 2.

I thought in previous months where there was multiple polls there was always a run off between the two groups.

As a thought you might want to put links to the other poll when a group gets broken up in to multiple polls.

Seems like it worked well last month. Take the winners from poll 1/2/3 etc and do the "finals/run-off" thing.

The reason I say this is because some threads have a little more or less exposure pending on where they land when you click "New Posts".

It may also help to link Poll 2 in the Poll 1 thread and vice-versa, that way if one or the other gets buried way down the list, they can be accessed convieniantly from each other.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Jon, it's really a fun thread to watch and follow (especially if you have a rocket entered!).

:2:

Well, by looking at the polling so far, it looks as if the majority consensus is to have a three way run-off..Let me oil up the keyboard, limber up my typing fingers and copy some links and the run-off poll will be up shortly!:caffeine:

I swear there is an option in the VB admin CP to increase the number of voting options allowable, otherwise there is bound to be a plugin- use it.

Back