Digital Video Recovery from Compact Flash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

We have a video from the nosecone of the Delta II on a compact flash card. The problem is when we plug it in to download it - the program says that it's corrupt. Is there any available program (free) that we can get this video off with. It's our onboard video showing the boosters dropping away and some really cool flight events.

HELP!!!!!

Edward

Yes, there is... I have to find the link, but rest assured, there a really good one out there..

It must have just started working....but I got a copy.

Edward

That program doesn't work. Anything else out there guys?

Edward

Originally posted by edwardw
Hey Everyone,

We have a video from the nosecone of the Delta II on a compact flash card. The problem is when we plug it in to download it - the program says that it's corrupt. Is there any available program (free) that we can get this video off with. It's our onboard video showing the boosters dropping away and some really cool flight events.

HELP!!!!!

Edward

I have had similar problems with a Secure Digital card in my starvid rocket. A few times, the batteries disconnected mid-flight (apogee deployment?) and rendered the entire file non-existant. I imagine it is still on the SD card, as it probably is on your CF card. Get a CF card reader (if you don't already have one) and find some program by searching google for 'data recovery.' It may yield results, but you may get nothing.

I know Mr. Clay has done some experminting with data recovery like this: check out https://groups.yahoo.com/group/vidroc/ and see what he has done.

If you want to mail the card to me with return post paid, I have access to a machine and software that will do the job, if it can be done at all. Send me a PM if interested.

SUCESSS!!!!

We got the file off of the card, and then realized that we needed ot install a codec to get it to work.

Now...how do I convert it from .asf to .mpg or another file that I can edit.

Edward

Ah yes.. codecs can be incredibly annoying sometimes... Well, if you don't have the right one..

Back