DigBaddy's Alien Space Probe #2 (Scratch Build)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

DigBaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I already started the build. I'm using a 3" tube and have a 3" elliptical nose cone from BMS. Legs will be 30" long 3/8th dowels. It should be about 54" tall. I arranged the shock cord attachment to the mmt so that the rocket will hang straight and level under the chute. I hope.
That'll be a beast! Can't wait to see it!

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got the motor mount in. It's a 38mm by 8". The fins are on. As soon as the filets have set I'll put the legs on.

John Galt

Reaction score
This is my scratch built ASP.
It’s on the shelf because I’m afraid it will break if I fly it. LolDEE41B50-E6D5-4EB0-BD15-A1371656BBDB.jpeg

Last edited:

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got the legs on. Before I put the epoxy filets on I drilled holes thru the legs into the 1/4" fins. Then dripped CA into the holes and then put 1" brads into the holes and hammered them in. Now that the epoxy has set I'll put the feet on and it will be ready for primer.

Attachments

DigBaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got the legs on. Before I put the epoxy filets on I drilled holes thru the legs into the 1/4" fins. Then dripped CA into the holes and then put 1" brads into the holes and hammered them in. Now that the epoxy has set I'll put the feet on and it will be ready for primer.
Fantastic!!!

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I put the red on today. In a couple of days I'll paint the markings on. At least I will try to paint the markings on.
Looks great.

are the legs gonna fit “around” the blast plate, so the motor (and more importantly the launch lug) aren’t so far up the rod to start with? Otherwise you have much less “effective” rod length.

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great.

are the legs gonna fit “around” the blast plate, so the motor (and more importantly the launch lug) aren’t so far up the rod to start with? Otherwise you have much less “effective” rod length.
Our blast plated are about 6" x 8" so that shouldn't be an issue and our rails start about 3' off the ground. The rails are all 6'.