Different paint scheme on the Equinox

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
I recently picked up an Equinox kit
(https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IfWf3eAyI8s/VDir2GLWhwI/AAAAAAAAeWc/A-pIQFuPg8U/s1600/E+Equinox+56.jpg and https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3MBYN6X0LDM/VH6FqJggBqI/AAAAAAAAfEU/wpqGFkWUPoc/s1600/E+Equinox+51A.jpg

for reference)

...Soliciting opinions - I don't have photoshop handy -

I was thinking it might look extra cool if I did the fins and tubes black, then the body OD green -- much more of an "experimental military vehicle" look.

Of course, it would look 100000x better with a white "EQUINOX" from Stickershock....hmmmmmm.....Does he still do custom work?

Yes he does, just email him with what you want and he'll get on it.

You'd be better off applying a fairly glossy finish first, applying the decals (this is really true of both vinyl & waterslide), then spraying a matte clear coat over when done. You want to maximize the contact surface area between the decal and surface its applied to. They'd probably stick to the matte, but could lift easier.

Also keep in mind that Stickershock does all sorts of custom work, but has limitations regarding making decals or lettering that's small. So you'd have to check with him to see what he can do, since the Equinox is a small model (though possibly an excellent candidate for upscale).

You'd be better off applying a fairly glossy finish first, applying the decals (this is really true of both vinyl & waterslide), then spraying a matte clear coat over when done. You want to maximize the contact surface area between the decal and surface its applied to. They'd probably stick to the matte, but could lift easier.

Also keep in mind that Stickershock does all sorts of custom work, but has limitations regarding making decals or lettering that's small. So you'd have to check with him to see what he can do, since the Equinox is a small model (though possibly an excellent candidate for upscale).

Thanks. In that case, I think I'll keep this closer to stock...

Back