Did you get your new Tres yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine a while ago, and it came in today!

#56 on the card, #1 on my to-do list.

And, as usual, fantastic FlisKits quality throughout. I haven't opened the bag yet, but it's easy to see all the loot in there.

Thanks Jim!

My order came today...Jim, Thanks Much for another great set of kits! I think I am gonna wrap it up until Christmas, then build one and save the other.

Another satisfied customer,

Carl

Jim, I get Tres #21, and I'm afraid to fly it! I just may have to buy another one...

I got a box from our favorite vendor today. It's supposed to have a Tres and a Long Overdue in it. However, I won't find out till Christmas. Now there's a great gift... I know what it is, but I don't know the production numbers! Maybe, just maybe, with a steam iron... open it a little... nah, I can wait.:p

Happy Holiday Rocketing to the gang at TRF!!!!

bmhiii

I'm thrilled to see that they have been arriving. I am excited to hear feedback and construction reports from anyone starting to build one. I know of one person who has started their Long OverDue, but that would be a different thread :)

Keep me posted folks. I am very pleased with *both* kits and it is exciting to know I can still design 'em! LOL

jim

I received mine as well. The production number was low enough that I had to buy a second to build!! Thanks Jim!! ;)

:D :D :D

I got a pair of TRES today:D

One of them may not get built because of the pro# being low..I guess I too will have to buy another:D

Very nice work Jim, my Flis Fleet just increased to 7:D

:cool: Cool :cool: can't wait to get started...

all you double-orderers must be the reason I got Tres #19. it's a builder!!

I got my Tres and my Long Overdue yesterday. I won't find out what numbers I have until Christams.

Mine is 21. If I get a low production number, I build it right away. Flying it, however, is a different thing. I may be getting money for Christmas and buying another Tres....

Johnnierkt,
I'd Build it!! , but then again I built my OverDue:D
Larry

I buy a second one to build,.... then wait a year and sell #6 on ebay or ROL for like $75-100!!

Not the responses I expected, they were better than I thought.

1) I'm not a collector, I'm a rocketeer, and I "buy to fly"

2) Then again, I have wrestled for 2-days on what to do with kit #6, as I bought 2 kits 1ea. for me and my wife.

3) I guess it is that whole NIB thing...

So be it, she will will be built, and she will be flown...

As I have always had an interest in firearms, I find it fascinating that companies like Colt can often trace a particular weapon from the day it was shipped, even if that was a hundred years ago. Perhaps we could trace a certain number of the serially numbered kits, maybe the first ten or twenty.

I haven't even built a deuce yet :(
Then again, I just got back into the hobby a few weeks ago.

Sometime in the next few weeks I plan on buying either a duce, a praetor, or both :).

I'll order some spare parts at the same time, to save on shipping charges.

Johnnie...

I like to both collect and build and to date have accumulated many low numbered kits. I don't ever plan on selling them but rather I will keep them and then pass em down. For this reason, I usually buy two at a time...one to build and one to stash. I have a #6 Nomad that will never get built...pretty much anything in the first 20 I save.

Carl

A number #6 Nomad...That is one beautiful kit, luckily mine was un-numbered <whew> I can build with no guilt.

Actually, I did get another one and my son and I built it. He flew it first at Naram 45 in August this year.

One bad thing...if there is such a thing with FlisKits, is that everytime Jim and Brian come out with a new kit, anymore I gotta get two....one to build and one to save. That serial number thing was a great marketing idea on their part! :)

Carl

hhhmmm, let's take a look inside the most recent Board meeting at FlisKits, Incorporated for a moment...

"Gentlemen, we have a problem! Turns out many of our customers are buying MORE kits than we intended to sell them. Has something to do with this serial number thing your marketing boys are putting on the kits. Something *has* to be done about this rampant, impulse buying!"

"And another thing. What's the deal with this *OverDue* promotion?!!? Do you have any idea how many complaints we get because our orders have shipped ON TIME?!"

"yatta, yatta, yatta..."

(overheard from the back of the room...)

"so, Brian, when are we going to fire this joker?"

:D :D :D :D

YAY! I got Tres #50! Same number as my first DW! YAY!! I think i'm gonna build it, but...I don't know...maybe I should...but then again, that one would just talk to me until I built it...I think I will build #50, just put a the number and date of first flight on it with some decals or something...gulp.

Jason

Gees!

Jim writes me a note in mine that says "I'm gibving you a high number kit and a low number to save"

I got a #10 and a #22!

I guess Jim feels that #22 is a low number!

You evil dog you!

sandman

For you guys that are building your numbered kits... GOOD!

That just makes the NIBs that are left more valuable as a collectors item :kill:

Back