Did someone say upscale Lance Beta??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. You got that right Gman.

Here is a pic of the final vinyl application. I worked on it inside and can't fit the nose cone on with the ceilings. The final centering ring and thrust plate are expoxied on and curing.

I'll go for the full weigh in, CG and "money shot" tomorrow.

Three weeks and it will be in the air.

I hope you can get it out the door!

Have a great flight!!

What will a thing like tht be going up on?

Well Mason, I had originally planned the CTI N1800. That might be just a little to close for comfort.

Here are the specs with everything in but the motor:

56 lbs
CP 81"
CG 74"

Rocksim has the CP & CG dead even and weighing right around 80lbs on the pad with the N1800.

I knew I was going to need to add some nose weight, now I just need to figure how much to move the CG forward 9".

Currently, I am going to fly the CTI N2600 for its first flight.

George that is an outstanding job you've done there!

Only problem is the poor thing looks like the "headless horseman" sitting in your house with it's head on the floor! Lol

Next time show the proper respect to a fine project like the Lance....take it outside and pop a photo with it's head on......:wink:

Cj

Wow, great job on that thing! Hopefully with all the changes PR is making now, theyll consider offering that in kit form! Or else i may have to make one of my own! Hoping to make it to RG on sat to see it, but more then likely ill be stuck working and wont make it till sun =/

Final weight comes in at 67.5lbs with a CG of 62". A little more than anticipated, but on something this big, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, Jim, I will get a pic probably Thursday of the whole enchilada.

Looks like the N1800 might be cutting it too close with a projected pad weight of 88lbs so it's the N2600 for the first flight.

Two weeks to RG!!!!

Alright CJ... Here is the sucker with its "head on." Nothing like lugging almost 70lbs to do it justice.

I'll be on the road to RG in two weeks. Just a few minor details to clean up and she will be on the pad Saturday.

Thanks again to Performance Rocketry for making this beast and to Stickershock23 for an awesome job on the vinyl!!!

IMG_7821.jpg

Oh yeah.... now that's the ticket!:clap::cheers:

Dang that's a mighty fine looking rocket.

If ya need some help at RG with it. Ya know where to find me!

Alright CJ... Here is the sucker with its "head on." Nothing like lugging almost 70lbs to do it justice.

I'll be on the road to RG in two weeks. Just a few minor details to clean up and she will be on the pad Saturday.

Thanks again to Performance Rocketry for making this beast and to Stickershock23 for an awesome job on the vinyl!!!

Bro that is incredible! HAve fun flying her... wish I could be there!!

Well done! Looks great! Eagerly await the flight shots!

Later!

--Coop

The van is loaded and ready to roll first thing tomorrow. Looks like Friday is the day with the least amount of wind. Hopefully will be ready to fly by noon or 1pm.

In honor of Gary T.... "Let's rock!!!!!"

Flew the Lance yesterday at RG XII.

Forecasted winds for Saturday and Sunday convinced me to fly it on Friday. Also, the field is so dry that even non skids were setting fires so a ban was placed as well.

I had picked up the 75mm CTI 2150. On the pad it weighed 86.6lbs.

Straight and true to about 3,900' and landed right next to the rail.

Thanks to my daughter for helping me lug it back and Scott my tent neighbor for trucking it out and helping to get it on the rail.

I have some decent static pics, (hopefully up tonight) but the camera malfunctioned during lift off so no lift off or flight pics :mad:

I am certain with all of the big ass cameras out there that someone got a good shot.

Of course Tim talked me into the purchase of many goodies (he was in a bundling mood) including the N4100 and is pressing hard to sell the N5800...

My daughter looked at me at one point aghast and said see had no idea how expensive my hobby was. I told her it was Tim's fault. She believed me.

Thanks Mark. Well after a grueling 8.5 hour ride home last night, I finally got some pics here. The prep pics are taken by my daughter and myself. Action shots taken by K Potter. I see him there at all the launches and he does a great job. Thanks. I love red motors!!!

IMG_8115.JPG

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8144.jpg

Red Glare XII Day 10032.jpg

Red Glare XII Day 10034.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's like über-red! Are those pics enhanced?

Hey Dix. The one on the rail is original and the in flight pic is just modestly enhanced. Like I said, I love reds!!!

CLARIFICATION. The contrast of the entire second in flight photo was enhanced slightly. No modification was made to the flame color itself.

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!

I may have missed this, but what was your recovery configuration? Main & Drogue chute size, shock cord material/length, etc.

Do you have any pics of the decent?

Congrats on a successful flight! :clap:

AWESOME!!!!

I may have missed this, but what was your recovery configuration? Main & Drogue chute size, shock cord material/length, etc.

Do you have any pics of the decent?

Congrats on a successful flight! :clap:

I had a SkyAngle Cert 3 drogue and Cert 3 XXL for the main. I used 60' of 1/2" tubular kevlar for both cords. I wanted extra length with the 10lbs of nose weight. Sorry, no pics of the decent.

It was awesome indeed. I picked up the CTI N4100 for LDRS. I'll have to dial in the sim now that I have one flight in.

Back