Did anyone notice the asteroid that hit Earth?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I prefer the Twilight Zone episode “All the Time in the World,” with bookworm Burgess Meredith.
I had to look that one up:
"In his first TV appearance in 1959, "Time Enough at Last", he portrayed a henpecked bookworm who finds himself the sole survivor of an unspecified apocalypse which leads him to contemplate suicide until he discovers the ruins of the library."

I had to look that one up:
"In his first TV appearance in 1959, "Time Enough at Last", he portrayed a henpecked bookworm who finds himself the sole survivor of an unspecified apocalypse which leads him to contemplate suicide until he discovers the ruins of the library."

Ah, I should have looked that one up, so I could have at least got the title right . . .thanks.

It was one of four (I think) Twilight Zone episodes that Merideth did. He was terrific in all of them. I especially like "The Obsolete Man".

I prefer the Twilight Zone episode “All the Time in the World,” with bookworm Burgess Meredith.

I think Burgess Meredith was a hard working but polarizing actor. You either loved him or are an idiot! :)

Seriously, growing up, seeing him on Twilight Zone, Batman, Rocky and I'm sure others I saw back then, I knew I was going to enjoy the show. I had no clue of his history. My wife loves black and white movies from the early days, so maybe I'll scan the Wikipedia list and see what we can find sometime.

Sandy.

I think Burgess Meredith was a hard working but polarizing actor. You either loved him or are an idiot! :)

Seriously, growing up, seeing him on Twilight Zone, Batman, Rocky and I'm sure others I saw back then, I knew I was going to enjoy the show. I had no clue of his history. My wife loves black and white movies from the early days, so maybe I'll scan the Wikipedia list and see what we can find sometime.

Sandy.

Well then, let me point you to a great movie that Burgess Meredith was in; though it wasn’t a major part, it was a great part for him. “In Harm’s Way,” starring John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal, and a host of others, including Burgess Meredith. Oh, and it’s in B&W.

Oh, and how about his part in “Foul Play,” with Chevy Chase and Goldie Hahn.

It was one of four (I think) Twilight Zone episodes that Merideth did. He was terrific in all of them. I especially like "The Obsolete Man".

Yes, the one where he talks Fritz Weaver into being declared obsolete, lol, good one.

Latest posts

Back