Did anyone else submit "launch" photo's to MSNBC a year ago?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox_racing_guy

Reaction score
I got this e-mail from them 1 year later congratulating me for using my photo. I had totally forgotten about this but I think I did it because of a thread posted here. Anyhow mine is on the 2nd page and it's my LOC/Precision 5.5 IQSY Tomahawk.
Congratulations! The content you sent on 3/13/2008 has been featured on MSNBC.com. You can view it at https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23617140 . Thank you for sharing your content with the MSNBC.com community.

Nice picture - I voted for it! Wasn't that the motor that partially shredded your fins at the TMO launch? I wish I would have made it there in time to see it first person. I did manage to find some of the pieces though! ;)

Nice picture - I voted for it! Wasn't that the motor that partially shredded your fins at the TMO launch? I wish I would have made it there in time to see it first person. I did manage to find some of the pieces though! ;)

Yes Indeed that was the one, it was my L2 attempt with a L1420R. It was a perfect flight except for a little "cosmetic damage" :eek:
Rocket260.jpg

This is the same shot for those that don't want to view the MSNBC site. I sure hope Tripoli Mid-Ohio finds another launch site.
launch12.jpg

I'm not sure what the latest is with TMO, but you are welcome to come down to a TORC launch. The field is no Michael's farm but I guess in some ways that's a good thing. We don't have the space or the waiver to launch the really big stuff (K impulse limit - ~6000' AGL waiver) but we can get into the field on a pretty regular basis (year round) weather permitting. It would only be a little farther for you than what TMO was.

Tim

Cool ... my photo of our Akavish is on the first page. (The one my avatar is based on.)

-- Roger

Last edited:
Hey Roger,
I knew I had seen that photo someplace before and I just could not remember where.

Mark

Back