Deuces Wild Production Kit #35

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmhiii

Reaction score
What ever happen to the 35th Deuces Wild sold?

Well, it's been in my hands for quite a while. I had it built months ago but just couldn't get it to the paint shop. Besides I have just started masking fins etc. when painting and wanted to learn on a few less worthy birds. What kind of rant would I get on TRF for messing up a Deuce?? :D

It's finally finished and here she is...

I'm really proud of this one, more so than all my other rockets!! (ssshhh, the other rocs might get jealous!):p

bmhiii

It didn't take me long to get the Deuce to the launch pad.

bmhiii

Ya know, I think I said it best in the early days of the Deuce - it's an open canvas for ideas.

bmhii,

Great paint scheme with your Deuce! It is semi reminiscent of the Estes Yankee scheme! So, you've got a picture of it on the pad, but did you fly it? :confused:

If you didn't fly it that day, you simply teased yourself silly! That rocket is great fun. Let us know your initial thoughts of the flight. I know I was amazed!

I'm just getting the hang of getting launch pics. Maybe I should just call it luck!!

I was shaking when I loaded a couple of B6-4s for the maiden flight. Contact and off she went!! Beautiful flight but I thought it was a little low (I've been into altitude lately). So the next time I loaded in a couple of C6-5s. Contact and she screamed off the pad and off she went. Now we're talking!!! Very high and just absolutely beautiful! And I just love the pop of the two ejection charges!

This is one very sweet rocket. A blast to build and challenging to boot. Really fun to finish with the big fins and just all around cool. Jim Flis did one heck of a job on this one.

If you want to see a video of the flight, click here and play the Deuces Wild Flight. It's about two meg in size. While there, check out the Big Bertha Drag Race. Too cool.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice in the Deuce on the pad pic from the previous post, that's a ThrustAero clip being used. Works like a charm.

This is what it's all about. I love it!!!!:D

bmhiii

Wow!

That's a beautiful launch picture. Nice job on the rocket, too.

My Deuce is on the way...I can't wait!

Thanks for sharing,

wscarvie

awesome looking Deuce
very cool launch pic too, the Deuce is one awesome kit:)

nice finish...I love those stars...and the liftoff pic is perfect. You got it at the perfect angle!

man, one of the better launch pix, to say the least! Great video too! :)

And I love the paint scheme! There have been some wonderful ideas around the Deuce's Wild! and I'm still amazed everytime I see a new one!

#35 eh???

hhhmmm, I wonder what you'll do 20 years from now when you see #36 go up for auction for a kings ransom... LOL

just kidding, these are meant to be built! and you did a *wonderful* job! Glad you are enjoying it and welcome to the Deuce-A-Holic club :D

jim

Thanks for the plug! I brought a couple of clip whips to the last launch I went to. They got used! Most folks were twisting the ignitors. Not good.
Awesome pic's and great looking ship!;)

Now, I'm gonna have to get me one too ;)

bmhiii, that's a sweet looking rocket. Love the paint scheme. :)

Jim, stand by for another order from me :D

Regards,
Todd

Back