Deuce's Wild First flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seo

Reaction score
I flew my DW for the first time last night.

I get it now!:D

Very cool. Sent it up on 2 Quest A6-4's, very straight boost, loved seeing the orange glow of the two engines in the twilight.

I used a 12v Lantern battery and a Pratt hobbies Go Box and a clip whip from Thrustline.

Can't wait to fly it again!

Sorry, no pics, we were running out of daylight and time:(

Scott

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Put some C6-7's in it and youll go WOW

I plan to do that when I can get to a bigger field. ;)

We were launching in an area where I was not comfortable with more than B power.

With a DW on 2 x C6, is a 1/8" 3 feet launch rod still adequate?

Scott

oh yea it wont have any problems I got 14 flights on my DW with c's on an 1/8 rod

I'm building a DW! now and the construction wasn't as compicated as I thought. Real neat, real easy. My first FlisKit. I was lucky to find one up here in Canada. I will certainly post pics!!!

Originally posted by GL-P
I'm building a DW! now and the construction wasn't as compicated as I thought. Real neat, real easy. My first FlisKit. I was lucky to find one up here in Canada. I will certainly post pics!!!

Glad to hear you guys are getting the same thrills Jason Toft and I had when we first got our Deuces. Hence the reason we now have the "Tour de Deuce!" ;)

What really blows my mind now is that I own kit production #11 - guess what? It doesn't look like a Deuce at all! See my <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1368&highlight=Deuces+Fighter">Deuces Fighter</a>. I suppose I can claim the title of being the first modded Deuce kit! (...and night launch too!)

Originally posted by GL-P

Glad you were able to find one! I've been meaning to contact our Canadian retailers as we haven't heard from them. What store did you find it at??

jim

I found it at Leading Edge Hobbies of Kingston Ontario. They also had the Corona kit. The DW and the Corona were the only 2 FlisKits I saw there.

https://leadingedgehobbies.com/oscommerce/catalog/

It was luck because I got a gift certificate from a recent competition and I happened to be browsing through the standard Estes kits when I found the Corona Kit. I recognized the name and then when I found the DW I snatched it up in joy!!! :D I've never seen one fly up here and none of our local rocket guys have this kit. I don't mind saying it was $24 CAN. A little high but still worth every penny so far!

Well, i'm tickled about your purchase :) It gives me an opportunity to contact them and remind them of our newest kit releases.

Also, it will be most interesting to hear about the reaction to the DW in your area :)

thanx,
jim

I can't wait to finish it and fly it! The MMT unit has gone together very nicely and the rings are square where they need to be. Can't wait for the reactions!!!

Back