Design the New TRF Logo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my two cents:
The first logo:
A contemporary logo reflecting Rocketry's Golden Era. Back when a manufacturer logo was a solid oval with the company name reversed in white.
I looked for a font for the TRF initials that suggests a computer era and this computer forum.
For those who wanteed to keep (the feel) of the old logo, the rocket is a stylized representation of the original. The design could be kitted easily, not leaning towards low, mid or high powered rocketry. Every power is covered.
The original blue sunburst in kept, centered behind the firing engine. If some feel it's too busy colorwise, it could be easily simplified

The second logo:
The font was just too good to pass up. It is called: "He's Dead Jim!"
It's much simpler design but shows movement.

Both designs read well even when reduced to business card size. Both logos could work well on a T-shirt, coffee mug or range stickers.

Hope you like them, I haven't done anything like this in a while. It was good practice to learn the Corel Draw software.

Thanks!
Hans "Chris" Michielssen

View attachment 1RocketryForumLogoPost.bmp

View attachment 2RocketryForumLogoPost.bmp

Sorry about the low resolution on the last logo entrys.
It wouldn't accept anything larger than 100 kb.
Can somebody give me some instructions?
I'm new to posting - how do you insert a thumbnail image (in the posting) and have it "redirect" to your higher resolution art?

Thank you!
Hans "Chris" Michielssen

The BMP file format results in comparable big files. For this kind of graphics, try GIF or PNG and you will have a much better resolution/filesize ratio. For pictures on the other hand, JPG is typically the format that you want to choose.

Reinhard

I'm starting to get impressed with the artistry out there.

Thanks Reinhard,
We'll try it again using the PNG extension.
These should look better.

Thanks for the tip,
Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old NAR # 19086 SR

Hey, I even got the thumbnails this time!

RocketryForumLogo.png

RocketryForumLogo2.png

Here's my two cents:
The first logo:
A contemporary logo reflecting Rocketry's Golden Era. Back when a manufacturer logo was a solid oval with the company name reversed in white.
I looked for a font for the TRF initials that suggests a computer era and this computer forum.
For those who wanteed to keep (the feel) of the old logo, the rocket is a stylized representation of the original. The design could be kitted easily, not leaning towards low, mid or high powered rocketry. Every power is covered.
The original blue sunburst in kept, centered behind the firing engine. If some feel it's too busy colorwise, it could be easily simplified

The second logo:
The font was just too good to pass up. It is called: "He's Dead Jim!"
It's much simpler design but shows movement.

Both designs read well even when reduced to business card size. Both logos could work well on a T-shirt, coffee mug or range stickers.

Hope you like them, I haven't done anything like this in a while. It was good practice to learn the Corel Draw software.

Thanks!
Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Dude I dig your second logo!! Its awesome.

Thanks Reinhard,
We'll try it again using the PNG extension.
These should look better.

Thanks for the tip,
Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old NAR # 19086 SR

Hey, I even got the thumbnails this time!

I like the first logo design, very cool.

Five more days to get your entries in, and then the voting commences.

Good luck to all who've entered designs already and to those who are finishing their's up.

Thought of another idea for the logo which I think embodies the balance that we all strive for when designing, building and flying. It also represents the balance that is achieved through member input, sharing and the free flow of ideas that make this forum so important.

The rocket in the logo is my 'Man Rocket V1'.

Hope you like it.

rocketry_forum2.jpg

rocketry_forum2b.jpg

Well this tested my artistic skills (and my photoshop skills):cry: I have the original in 300dpi and fairly large. The Von Braun rocket was done by a friend of mine for our local clubs tshirt and we never used it. The background is all me baby!!!

Hope Someone Likes It!!:kill:

New TRF Logo copy.jpg

Today's the final day to get your entry in.

Forum voting will start very soon to pick your favorite.

I know this is past the deadline but still don't have anything to really enter anyway except words. I never could find artwork that I could cut and paste together and I am not artistic enough to generate my own. Frustratingly, I still had a mental picture of what I wanted. For what i's worth. here's what I had in mind:

Nickc was sorta close to what I had in mind but so were a couple others. My idea was a silhouette of a family on the left (only three or four) represented by a "Dad" and two "kids." In the middle just a field of green grass and blue sky and on the right (or center right) a launch pad (maybe) and a rocket under thrust about halfway up the sky. The rocket could be a color or also done as a silhouette. The advantage is that the whole thing could be rendered with some simple colors but for letterhead and simple printing could nearly be rendered as a black and white line drawing.

I had no particular ideas related to the text or font styles although i favor keeping what TRF already has. For rocket designs I like something other than a 3FNC design, something like an Oddessy, or Deep Space Transport or Squirrel Works Firebird, or maybe even something like this:

Black Death 2 (small).jpg

I know I'm late but I'm not concerned with prizes but I wanted to get my two cents into the discussion...

Blessings,

Folks am running behind. Am on a business trip and will get things rolling as soon as I can. Just a very late night tonight and am just getting back to the room and need to grab dinner.

Do you have any idea when voting on the new TRF logo will begin? :)

I had to step in and say that my entry won, typo spelling and all. I could be lying, but have you seen me lie on here before?

No, I don't know for whom the winning vote has been cast.

Today, if I can get to you. Running a bit behind, but other things have taken a priority.

Back