Der Red Wulf

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zog139

Reaction score
I remember seeing pictures of Der Red Wulf on-line. I am guessing this was on the old TRF ?

Scott ? Was this you ?

That's nice. Really nice.

If I had one of...........

Oh wait, I do! That makes me want to build it.

Scott thanks for posting those shots again. I need to come with a paint pattern for my Nighthawk and was thinking along these lines. I also have a Mach-10 that I already painted in Mica Silver, it needs some decals as well.

Of course we actually broke 50 degrees yesterday and today. Got lots of stuff I would like to finish up with some more 50+ days to do some painting :cool:. I hope ole Phil is wrong about spring still being six weeks off, I'm already tired of the cold and itching to get some finishing done and flying.

When I saw Scott's pics of the Red Wulf, I knew I HAD to finish one that way. I don't have any good close ups, but here's mine(photo by Scott Branche)....

Der Red Wulf.JPG

When I saw Scott's pics of the Red Wulf, I knew I HAD to finish one that way. I don't have any good close ups, but here's mine(photo by Scott Branche)....

Sadly the last I ever saw of this beautiful model of Craigs...:(

Not sure why Craig spends all the he does putting what equates to a flawless finish on his FakeWulfs......they tend to just fly away on the first launch. Oh, and it's not the Fake Wulfs either, I watched his Dr. Zooch shuttle actually gain altitude after seperation and fly away :eek:

Foose, it's time for a build thread.........

That's too funny... I especially like the Volkswagen and palm trees among the ships, factories, tanks, trucks, jeeps, and other assorted 'targets of opportunity' this planes' pilot has taken out on missions... :)

Just one thing though... No tractors?? No horses and buggies?? Gotta shoot up a few horses and buggies (like the strafing gun camera footage from a P-51 Mustang in "The World at War" that shot up a horse and cart...

I had a buddy in high school who told us a story his Grandpa had told him as a kid... He was a tail gunner in a B-25 Mitchell medium bomber, and they did a lot of low level bombing and stuff, and flew back on the deck to hit targets of opportunity on the way home. He would shoot into haystacks so his tracers would set them afire, and even shot a guy off a bicycle once... :eek:

Yall have a good one! OL JR :)

Just one thing though... No tractors?? No horses and buggies?? Gotta shoot up a few horses and buggies (like the strafing gun camera footage from a P-51 Mustang in "The World at War" that shot up a horse and cart...

He would shoot into haystacks so his tracers would set them afire, and even shot a guy off a bicycle once... :eek:

Yall have a good one! OL JR :)

Sorry, that just doesn't seem too funny.

Sorry, that just doesn't seem too funny.

Well, I didn't say that the guy shooting up haystacks and bicyclists was funny just relaying the story as my schoolmate told it... a lot of unfunny stuff happens in war... bout like shooting up a horse/cart, but then again, in that time and place it was a regular means of enemy transportation and seen as a legitimate target. War was war back then... not like now...

Anyway, I did think the stickers were funny... and I forgot the outhouse! That was TOO funny! LOL:)

Have a good one! OL JR :)

Oh BTW... the schoolmate I mentioned got shot by one of our recently retired schoolbus driver's son, who lives across the street from my sister in town. Apparently my old schoolmate was having an affair with his wife and she was leaving her husband because he lost his job, and the schoolmate showed up at the door for his old lady and he plugged him a couple times in the gut with a .357 Magnum. He lived and the bus driver's son was in the pyscho ward for awhile but is out awaiting trial... Live by the sword die by the sword eh??? OL JR :)

Last edited:
Back