DER RED MAX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I love your original varning decal. My 4" version turned out awesome. Thanks for tweaking the decals for me with the details mentioned in this post.
Here is a link to a picture.https://sears572.com/gallery/2009-03-21/Der_Red_Max
Flew on an I200.

Russ Roberts
TRA 11925 L2

Russ, Gorgeous!!!!! Absolutely! That had to scream on the I200!!

Do you guys get bonus point for hanging your rockets up in those "sprinklers" at that launch??

well i did some finishing touches, ground tested, shes loaded and ready to test fly this weekend! I'll post some launch pictures when I get back. :D

Can't wait to see the pictures Mark. I hope to have my Phoenix done this weekend and will send you some pictures. Then I might be ready for that 10" Der Red Max!!!
Have a great launch!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures Mark. I hope to have my Phoenix done this weekend and will send you some pictures. Then I might be ready for that 10" Der Red Max!!!
Have a great launch!!!

well then heres a little inspiration!!!

Our weather was pretty yucky so I didn't go as big as I was planning, so here she is on an Aerotech J415W, I did not use the airstarts, but I did test the firing circ. it worked perfect. It went to 3129 ft! recovered about 1.5 miles away (wind was blowing) but the flight was beautiful!!

Sorry if your on dial up...

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

I also threw in a picture of my Nike Smoke on a J315R ...

IMG_4167.jpg

It looks great!!!

Did you deploy the main at apogee? If one of our rockets lands 1.5M down range on the east coast...its in a whole bunch of trees...

It looks great!!!

Did you deploy the main at apogee? If one of our rockets lands 1.5M down range on the east coast...its in a whole bunch of trees...

Yes I did due deploy, I used a 38" x form cute for the drogue, and 78" main. There were lots of high level winds. But I had to fly it.

Great pictures Mark!!!!

Thanks, Give credit to Larry Johnson of Tripoli Las vegas, He took a bunch of great ones, He also did a static test of a Sorbitol 54mm "L" motor. VERY NICE. and punchy for a sugar motor! I guess he's flying it at delemar next month.

That explains it!! needs like an 18" Drouge.

Ben

the X form should have made it about the same as a 24" drogue, It came down at a pretty good rate, (a little on the slow side) it was just really windy.

I wanted to keep it semi slow, It's the prettiest rocket I have ever built.
good news is theres not a scratch on it!

Latest posts

Back