Der Red Max upscale plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neond7

Sky Pirate
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a RockSim file for a 4" upscale Der Red Max? I've got a pretty good backlog of rockets sitting on my workbench waiting to be (lovingly) built, but I still like to dream and plan for future projects. I figure I can get to it by Winter......

I was going to keep it simple with this one and stick with motor ejection. Its a popular kit, so I'm sure someone has a plan for it somewhere on their hard drive. :D I know Stickershock has the vinyl!!!

Mark has tooooo much cool vinyl for that - you might want to build three...

I was wondering if anyone has a RockSim file for a 4" upscale Der Red Max? I've got a pretty good backlog of rockets sitting on my workbench waiting to be (lovingly) built, but I still like to dream and plan for future projects. I figure I can get to it by Winter......

I was going to keep it simple with this one and stick with motor ejection. Its a popular kit, so I'm sure someone has a plan for it somewhere on their hard drive. :D I know Stickershock has the vinyl!!!

Got a file for a 5.5" I'm putting together this winter. 54mm motor mount, but single deploy. Just something fun to fly. And...YES...Mark should be looking for an order for vinyl :wink:

The rocksim I posted is pml tube, wood centering rings, and 1/4 inch birch fins. 54 mm motor mount.

Nice red max. I just bought a nose cone from sandman for a cluster bomb.

Nice red max. I just bought a nose cone from sandman for a cluster bomb.

Plus a million on cones from Gordon! He made a balsa cone for me a while back for a 4" Goblin, absolutely beautiful work - you'll feel bad painting it.

I have like a dozen different sets to fit that... oh and MORE NEW ONES ON THE WAY shamlesss plug LOL

Seriously I think EVERY ROCKET GUY (or gal) should own at LEAST one der red max..

Thanks, Chuck! She is a good flier, too--she'll take I-180's all day long. I played it safe with the 38mm--if I build another, I'd give 54mm serious consideration. Perhaps a 5.5" is in order for that? Hrrrm.....

Later!

--Coop

Welcome Tusconrocketman!

FYI: This thread is a tad old... last post was 7 years 9 days ago.

Yup, just get the "Regular" kit as a clone. You'll get 38mm or 29mm choice, and everything else is identical, unless you go with the nose cone deploy like I did with the 38mm... Balsa skinned ply for the thick fins is the way to go. And you get the real Estes MDRM nose. Not a Goblin Nose.

Back