Der Big Red Max AV Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MolarM

Reaction score
Hi- I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on how to mount an Eggfinder Mini GPS with battery space into an Estes Der Big Red Max nosecone. I didn’t know if there were any pre made sleds for the 3” nosecone? Or some ideas on how to make my own. Thanks for the help!

Hi- I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on how to mount an Eggfinder Mini GPS with battery space into an Estes Der Big Red Max nosecone. I didn’t know if there were any pre made sleds for the 3” nosecone? Or some ideas on how to make my own. Thanks for the help!
I'm using Mach1/BadAss Nose Bays in my short/fat rockets. They have sleds for all of the prominent trackers. They only have sleeves up to 65mm, but I just build custom bulkheads and use a BT60 sleeve. He also has a sled that will hold a Quantum AND a Eggfinder Mini if you want to do apogee deployment. I've actually modified that sled to use a Quantum and a FW GPS (my preferred tracker). If you want to consider going this route, let me know and I can share my design docs.

Great info here!!! Thanks guys, these posts got the wheels turning
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back